A few other bits and pieces still dribbling out from the DC Retailer Roadshow that happened in the Warner Bros Burbank lot on Friday. The second is in Fort Worth/Dallas on Monday, so we’ll be listening out from anything more that squeezes out from under the cone of silence.
DC is giving retailers an additional 30% kickback if they set up a DC Digital portal on their sites.
There will be a deal for split payments from retailers for print comics, essentially giving them twice as long to pay for half their order.
The previously announced 10% return fee will be replaced with a 20 cents per copy return fee, which is more expensive in terms of the $2.99 books, cheaper for the $3.99 books. (Apologies, I was working from the wholesale price, not the retail price. That means it’s cheaper for both).
THUNDER Agents will return, and yes, will still have Nick Spencer writing.
Nicola Scott is working on an upcoming DC project.
Most of the released solicitation images for the DC Relaunch are not the covers for the first issue – so look forward to all those being announced soon as well.
Action Comics and Justice League are set in the past, the Green Lantern, Batman and LSH books are all continuing without a reboot. DCU Presents and Hawkman are picking up where Brightest Day left off. But for everything else, yes, it will be more of a reboot/restart. They are basically keeping the books going that were financially successful for them and restarting everything else.
The DC Retroactive material was set up to keep the publishing schedule full so people didn’t fully notice a lot of the key creative teams were “missing” and using the time to get books done in advance. It was also set up as the first part of an initiative to pull back lapsed readers.
The Flashpoint books were also being done by teams not being used in the reboot to help give those guys more time.
DC Co-Publisher Dan Didio was quite worked up over retailers who objected to, basically the reading of Previews for almost two hours, and DC Co-Publisher Jim Lee had to jump in to calm things down…
Hope it will be calmer on Monday in Dallas!
- More Changes For Justice League #23 And #24 Creative Teams With Tom DeFalco, Dan Abnett, Ian Churchill, Tom Derenick And Trevor Scott - May 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Let Retailers Sell Dark Days: The Forge And Other June 14th Comics From Midnight On The 13th… - May 24, 2017
- Amazon Glitchwatch: 73% Off 75th Anniversary Marvel Masterworks Slipcase Set On Amazon.co.uk - May 24, 2017
- Danger Dolls #0 Crossover Event And Toyetica #1, Launching From Action Lab And Danger Zone August 2017 Solicitations - May 24, 2017
- Black Mask Comics Solicitations For August 2017 Head To The Afterlife… - May 24, 2017