In the small town of Los Molinos in Chico, California, the position of mayor is a purely honourable one. And rather than being voted for, it is given to the citizen who raises the most money to help put on the annual Fourth of July events.
Which, in Kevin Benson Sr’s case, means dressing up as Captain America.
He’s up against Sabrina Fritz, a pharmacy technician, who even sounds like a Captain America villain, and Rick Singer who is raising money through poker tournaments.
Benson says “I instruct school kids on the value of veterans… One year, a teacher said I was so patriotic I was like Captain America.” He’s raising money with softball and horseshoe tournaments and a barbecue.
Some people have criticised the comic book Captain America for being politically involved. Here, the corruption seems to go to the very top!
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018