In the small town of Los Molinos in Chico, California, the position of mayor is a purely honourable one. And rather than being voted for, it is given to the citizen who raises the most money to help put on the annual Fourth of July events.
Which, in Kevin Benson Sr’s case, means dressing up as Captain America.
He’s up against Sabrina Fritz, a pharmacy technician, who even sounds like a Captain America villain, and Rick Singer who is raising money through poker tournaments.
Benson says “I instruct school kids on the value of veterans… One year, a teacher said I was so patriotic I was like Captain America.” He’s raising money with softball and horseshoe tournaments and a barbecue.
Some people have criticised the comic book Captain America for being politically involved. Here, the corruption seems to go to the very top!
- Over 200 Comic Stores Running Black Friday 2017 Deals Today - November 24, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future – Be Thankful For My Little Pony - November 23, 2017
- Would You Like Your Monsters Unleashed #8 Mixed With A Little Luke Cage #167? - November 23, 2017
- Vault Comics Launches Return Of The Graveyard Gang By Eliot Rahal And Felipe Cunha In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Zenescope Launches Philadelphia Superhero Series, The Musketeers, In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017