In the small town of Los Molinos in Chico, California, the position of mayor is a purely honourable one. And rather than being voted for, it is given to the citizen who raises the most money to help put on the annual Fourth of July events.
Which, in Kevin Benson Sr’s case, means dressing up as Captain America.
He’s up against Sabrina Fritz, a pharmacy technician, who even sounds like a Captain America villain, and Rick Singer who is raising money through poker tournaments.
Benson says “I instruct school kids on the value of veterans… One year, a teacher said I was so patriotic I was like Captain America.” He’s raising money with softball and horseshoe tournaments and a barbecue.
Some people have criticised the comic book Captain America for being politically involved. Here, the corruption seems to go to the very top!
- Hellboy on Front of San Diego Comic-Con 2018 Events Guide for 25th Anniversary - June 24, 2018
- A Barrage of Amazing Spider-Man #1 Covers for Volume 5 - June 24, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 24th June 2018 – A Week of Giant-Sized Stories - June 24, 2018
- Jamal Campbell Draws His Rob Liefeldest Ever for Amazing Spider-Man #1 Stadium Comics Variant - June 24, 2018
- Why Are The English Even More Insufferable Today? - June 24, 2018