Spoilers of sorts for the Thor movie, I guess. We’re talking cameos. But isn’t it more fun to know where to look for people rather than be told about it afterwards? Your choice of course.
So, we all expected the Stan Lee cameo in the new Marvel Studios movie, Thor. Co-creator of the character for Marvel, he hadn’t have been in it, some would have thought they were in a knock off version of the film, and he appears as a truck driver trying to move the fallen hammer of Mjlonir.
“Did I do it well? Did I look like a truck driver?” Lee asked. “Because I’m a method actor. I bought myself a truck and I rehearsed.”
But he wasn’t alone. Joe Michael Straczynski, who recently revived the Thor comic at Marvel and helped make it a top ten book again, appears in the Thor movie, as the first person to try and pick up the hammer.
I did a cameo on the new Thor movie. It was supposed to be just a ten second deal, but director Kenneth Branagh decided (against the evidence) that I can act, so he kept putting me in more bits. We’ll see what ends up on the cutting room floor, but it was a lot of fun.
And Walt Simonson who defined the book in the eighties with a much celebrated run appears towards the end at the table during the Asgardian banquet. Ralph Macchio and Louise Simonson were also present, but only as “back of heads”.
Walt Simonson commented on Facebook “We were wearing Asgardian robes as befits Asgardian elders. Since we’re seated, you don’t see much. But it was a complete costume including shoes!”
Walt also took the opportunity regarding the fuss over the casting of Idris Elba as Heimdall to say;
I have no interest here in taking a look at the deeper meanings surrounding that discussion. I just wanted to say that he was fantastic. I might even be tempted to write more Heimdall stories because of him. Really, I thought all the casting was pitch-perfect. Thanks, Marvel movie folks.
Marvel? Heimdall series by Walt Simonson. Just saying.
- Fried Pie Covers – Nancy Drew And The Hardy Boys’ Man-Thing Of America - February 20, 2017
- Bill Willingham Clarifies New Fantasy Comic Tease From ComicsPRO - February 20, 2017
- Everything Else They Announced At ComicsPRO – From DC’s Jack Kirby Anniversaries To Titan’s Little Nightmares - February 20, 2017
- CALEXIT – What If California Seceded From The USA? Matteo Pizzolo And Amancay Nahuelpan Put The Politics Back Into Comics - February 20, 2017
- A Few More DC Comics Covers You May Or May Not Have Seen, From Sienkiewicz To Middleton To Lupacchino To Sale - February 20, 2017