So the Birmingham British International Comic Show may have bitten the dust. But it has been replaced by its twin brother (or possibly sister), the Birmingham Comicon, organised by, basically, the same people who organised BICS.
The spin given to the Birmingham Mail is that with the usual Think Tank venue unavailable, they couldn’t find a suitable or sizeable equivalent in the whole country, not even the London Design Centre used by Kapow! – which frankly sounds bizarre and unbelievable, considering that the BICS is generally smaller than Kapow.
Anyway, enough of that, we now have a new one day comic con for Birmingham on Saturday, August the 27th, which is always good news. Here’s the rather fun looking website. They already have Dave Gibbons and Chris Sprouse, with many more to be named, obviously. Oh look, Jimmy Broxton is coming. I wonder how they managed to swing that…
Tickets are £11.50, tickets including the Friday night party are £40 and VIP Tickets are £50.
- DC Walmart Giant Sized-Comics Make it to the UK – for Only Twice the Cover Price - August 19, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 19th August 2018 – ‘We’ve Been Seeing More and More Batman Attrition’ - August 19, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters, 19th August 2018 – Looking at the Moon - August 19, 2018
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018