So the Birmingham British International Comic Show may have bitten the dust. But it has been replaced by its twin brother (or possibly sister), the Birmingham Comicon, organised by, basically, the same people who organised BICS.
The spin given to the Birmingham Mail is that with the usual Think Tank venue unavailable, they couldn’t find a suitable or sizeable equivalent in the whole country, not even the London Design Centre used by Kapow! – which frankly sounds bizarre and unbelievable, considering that the BICS is generally smaller than Kapow.
Anyway, enough of that, we now have a new one day comic con for Birmingham on Saturday, August the 27th, which is always good news. Here’s the rather fun looking website. They already have Dave Gibbons and Chris Sprouse, with many more to be named, obviously. Oh look, Jimmy Broxton is coming. I wonder how they managed to swing that…
Tickets are £11.50, tickets including the Friday night party are £40 and VIP Tickets are £50.
- Cerebus Gives Us ‘Dates Of Future Past’ in May - February 23, 2018
- Loot Crate Ditches The Catalogue in February 2018 Protect Unboxing - February 23, 2018
- DC Comics Leaves Diamond Previews Catalogue, Launches Its Own - February 23, 2018
- Marvel Comics to Relaunch Captain America #1 On the Fourth Of July, 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Can We Expect the Ta-Nehisi Coates Captain America News Next Week? - February 22, 2018