Last Friday, March the 11th, it was announced that Lionel Wigram had optioned Jeff Smith‘s sci-fi comic Rasl as a movie from Warner Bros.
And eBay noticed. Previously to that, the last eBay sale for Rasl related comics was the first three issues for 99 cents at the end of February. On the morning of the 11th someone had a tip off it seems at ten copies of issue 1 suddenly went for a dollar each. Two hours later they were suddenly selling numerous copies for $4. A signed CBLDF variant suddenly sold for $40, a CGC version for $75, then a worse condition copy sold for $90 hours later before another copy of the same quality of the first CGC version sold for $150.
There’s still too many copies on the market sopping up interest, but once they get mopped up, it might be worth selling on your copies….
UPDATE: Issue 1 no selling on eBay for $7, other issues $4. Not bad for something that two weeks ago couldn’t sell issues 1 to 3 for more than a dollar together.
- More DC/Hanna-Barbera Crossover Comics, Including Super-Sons/Dynomutt - February 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Fresh Start and Rick Remender and Bengal’s Death Or Glory on Front of Next Week’s Diamond Previews - February 22, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for May 2018 – the Day After Image Expo - February 22, 2018
- Marvel Rumours Spilling Out of ComicsPRO – A Cosmic Ghost Rider Series? - February 22, 2018
- Marvel Publishes Tag And Bink Star Wars Comics Again, Ahead of Solo Movie - February 22, 2018