From the ComicsPro retailer summit, David Gabriel, Senior Vice President of Sales at Marvel Comics has announced that as a result of the Fantastic Four sales and media coverage, Marvel are going to kill a main character every quarter.
He also added “this is not a joke”.
But as I revealed earlier this week, they already killed another one off this Wednesday without any press attention…
UPDATE: Gabriel did however specify that these storylines are NOT about killing characters. What’s key is what comes AFTER the deaths. For example, after the Human Torch death, Spidey joined the team and the concept of “FF” got an entirely new focus as Future Foundation.
Following that concept, he also claims that the new post-“Death of Spider-Man” storyline will result in the biggest media exposure Marvel’s ever had. He didn’t mention what it is, but he stated to the audience that this vague revelation is “confidential and not to be tweeted.”
So no tweeting!
- The Swag Of Thought Bubble 2017 From An AirBnB That Has Not Burnt Down – Yet - September 24, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – September 24th, 2017 – “Metal Is Absolutely Crushing Everything Else” - September 24, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – September 25th, 2017 – Squirrelled Away - September 24, 2017
- What Is Your Comic Shop History? - September 24, 2017
- Not Another Zombie Comic - September 24, 2017