From the ComicsPro retailer summit, David Gabriel, Senior Vice President of Sales at Marvel Comics has announced that as a result of the Fantastic Four sales and media coverage, Marvel are going to kill a main character every quarter.
He also added “this is not a joke”.
But as I revealed earlier this week, they already killed another one off this Wednesday without any press attention…
UPDATE: Gabriel did however specify that these storylines are NOT about killing characters. What’s key is what comes AFTER the deaths. For example, after the Human Torch death, Spidey joined the team and the concept of “FF” got an entirely new focus as Future Foundation.
Following that concept, he also claims that the new post-“Death of Spider-Man” storyline will result in the biggest media exposure Marvel’s ever had. He didn’t mention what it is, but he stated to the audience that this vague revelation is “confidential and not to be tweeted.”
So no tweeting!
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017