From the ComicsPro retailer summit, David Gabriel, Senior Vice President of Sales at Marvel Comics has announced that as a result of the Fantastic Four sales and media coverage, Marvel are going to kill a main character every quarter.
He also added “this is not a joke”.
But as I revealed earlier this week, they already killed another one off this Wednesday without any press attention…
UPDATE: Gabriel did however specify that these storylines are NOT about killing characters. What’s key is what comes AFTER the deaths. For example, after the Human Torch death, Spidey joined the team and the concept of “FF” got an entirely new focus as Future Foundation.
Following that concept, he also claims that the new post-“Death of Spider-Man” storyline will result in the biggest media exposure Marvel’s ever had. He didn’t mention what it is, but he stated to the audience that this vague revelation is “confidential and not to be tweeted.”
So no tweeting!
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018
- A “Classic” Strip Mixing Light and Dark: Dunce - June 23, 2018
- Antarctic Press’s Killer Cold Treats for the Summer - June 23, 2018
- When Brian Azzarello Opened the Wrong Hotel Door to Find Adam West – The Batman Panel at Denver Comic Con - June 23, 2018