From the ComicsPro retailer summit, David Gabriel, Senior Vice President of Sales at Marvel Comics has announced that as a result of the Fantastic Four sales and media coverage, Marvel are going to kill a main character every quarter.
He also added “this is not a joke”.
But as I revealed earlier this week, they already killed another one off this Wednesday without any press attention…
UPDATE: Gabriel did however specify that these storylines are NOT about killing characters. What’s key is what comes AFTER the deaths. For example, after the Human Torch death, Spidey joined the team and the concept of “FF” got an entirely new focus as Future Foundation.
Following that concept, he also claims that the new post-“Death of Spider-Man” storyline will result in the biggest media exposure Marvel’s ever had. He didn’t mention what it is, but he stated to the audience that this vague revelation is “confidential and not to be tweeted.”
So no tweeting!
- 35 Photos And Videos From New York Toy Fair 2017 – Day Two - February 20, 2017
- The Look Of LEGO At New York Toy Fair 2017 In 95 Pictures (UPDATE) - February 19, 2017
- Heroes Of Homeroom C - February 19, 2017
- Cincinnati ComiCon No More, After Four Years - February 19, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 19th February 2017 – DC Has 6, Image Has 3, Marvel Has 1… - February 19, 2017