From the ComicsPro retailer summit, David Gabriel, Senior Vice President of Sales at Marvel Comics has announced that as a result of the Fantastic Four sales and media coverage, Marvel are going to kill a main character every quarter.
He also added “this is not a joke”.
But as I revealed earlier this week, they already killed another one off this Wednesday without any press attention…
UPDATE: Gabriel did however specify that these storylines are NOT about killing characters. What’s key is what comes AFTER the deaths. For example, after the Human Torch death, Spidey joined the team and the concept of “FF” got an entirely new focus as Future Foundation.
Following that concept, he also claims that the new post-“Death of Spider-Man” storyline will result in the biggest media exposure Marvel’s ever had. He didn’t mention what it is, but he stated to the audience that this vague revelation is “confidential and not to be tweeted.”
So no tweeting!
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017