From the ComicsPro retailer summit, David Gabriel, Senior Vice President of Sales at Marvel Comics has announced that as a result of the Fantastic Four sales and media coverage, Marvel are going to kill a main character every quarter.
He also added “this is not a joke”.
But as I revealed earlier this week, they already killed another one off this Wednesday without any press attention…
UPDATE: Gabriel did however specify that these storylines are NOT about killing characters. What’s key is what comes AFTER the deaths. For example, after the Human Torch death, Spidey joined the team and the concept of “FF” got an entirely new focus as Future Foundation.
Following that concept, he also claims that the new post-“Death of Spider-Man” storyline will result in the biggest media exposure Marvel’s ever had. He didn’t mention what it is, but he stated to the audience that this vague revelation is “confidential and not to be tweeted.”
So no tweeting!
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018