From the ComicsPro retailer summit, David Gabriel, Senior Vice President of Sales at Marvel Comics has announced that as a result of the Fantastic Four sales and media coverage, Marvel are going to kill a main character every quarter.
He also added “this is not a joke”.
But as I revealed earlier this week, they already killed another one off this Wednesday without any press attention…
UPDATE: Gabriel did however specify that these storylines are NOT about killing characters. What’s key is what comes AFTER the deaths. For example, after the Human Torch death, Spidey joined the team and the concept of “FF” got an entirely new focus as Future Foundation.
Following that concept, he also claims that the new post-“Death of Spider-Man” storyline will result in the biggest media exposure Marvel’s ever had. He didn’t mention what it is, but he stated to the audience that this vague revelation is “confidential and not to be tweeted.”
So no tweeting!
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017