Comics Stripped is a new exhibition in New York’s Museum Of Sex, featuring sex in comics, curated by museum curator Sarah Forbes and Craig Yoe, author of Secret Identity: The Fetish Art of Superman’s Co-creator Joe Shuster and Clean Cartoonists’ Dirty Drawings. With 150 displays featuring work from 18 Tijuana Bibles of the Great Depression (right) to the modern day.
With Yoe’s theme of well-known creator’s less-well-known sexual work, such as Bazooka Joe creator Wesley Morse’s Tijuana work, Wally Wood’sand Disneyland Memorial orgy,Joe Shuster’s sadomasochistic Lois Lane/Clark Kent scenes from Nights Of Horror and Eric Stanton’s Blunder Broad sex parody of Wonder Woman (below).
The exhibition also contains a large array of original art for Playboy cartoon by the likes of Plastic Man’s Jack Cole, work by Robert Crumb and Tom of Finland. And includes work donated by names such as Colleen Coover, Howard Cruse, Jessica Fink, Danny Hellman and Alan Kaplan and well as Playboy and the Tom of Finland Foundation.
The Museum Of Sex is on 233 Fifth Avenue, New York.
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017