Comics Stripped is a new exhibition in New York’s Museum Of Sex, featuring sex in comics, curated by museum curator Sarah Forbes and Craig Yoe, author of Secret Identity: The Fetish Art of Superman’s Co-creator Joe Shuster and Clean Cartoonists’ Dirty Drawings. With 150 displays featuring work from 18 Tijuana Bibles of the Great Depression (right) to the modern day.
With Yoe’s theme of well-known creator’s less-well-known sexual work, such as Bazooka Joe creator Wesley Morse’s Tijuana work, Wally Wood’sand Disneyland Memorial orgy,Joe Shuster’s sadomasochistic Lois Lane/Clark Kent scenes from Nights Of Horror and Eric Stanton’s Blunder Broad sex parody of Wonder Woman (below).
The exhibition also contains a large array of original art for Playboy cartoon by the likes of Plastic Man’s Jack Cole, work by Robert Crumb and Tom of Finland. And includes work donated by names such as Colleen Coover, Howard Cruse, Jessica Fink, Danny Hellman and Alan Kaplan and well as Playboy and the Tom of Finland Foundation.
The Museum Of Sex is on 233 Fifth Avenue, New York.
- Image Comics U-Turns On Retailer Exclusive Covers, Builds In Future Order Guarantees From Participating Comic Stores - March 30, 2017
- Gerard Way Addresses Doom Patrol Concerns. Or, At Least, He Will Tomorrow. - March 30, 2017
- Still Some Places On The Comic Book Inking Masterclass By Cam Smith At Orbital Comics In London Next Friday - March 30, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes To Blue Beetle And Hellblazer… - March 29, 2017
- Ghostbusters 101, Crossing The 1984 And 2017 Streams, Sells Out – Including One Copy To Paul Feig - March 29, 2017