UK digital TV channel, More4, has dropped The Daily Show from it’s daily schedule, opting instead to just show the week-late Daily Show Global Edition once a week. FX UK has already dropped The Colbert Report. But Viacom still restricts the videos to people with British online accounts, due to some IT person still believing the UK broadcast contracts are still valid.
First, run the Firefox browser.
- Go to http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/967 and install an add-on called Modify Headers
- Then once Firefox restarts, in the top menu bar go to Tools -> Modify Headers
- A separate smaller window will open. Select the drop down box in the upper left and click ‘Add’
- You’ll also see 3 input boxes, in the first after ‘add’ enter “X-Forwarded-For” without the quotation marks
- In the second box enter “126.96.36.199″ without the quotation marks
- Leave the third box empty and click the button with ‘Add’ to the right of it.
- Now when you see your new filter displayed, click the ‘Configuration’ button on the bottom right.
- A new General options box appears, and just click ‘Always On: Enable Modify Headers’
- That’s it, you’re done, close the box, give yourself a pat on the back.
- Next for the best bit, head directly to The Daily Show or ColbertNation websites, giggle with happiness and emit shouts of whooooooo like you’re in the audience when the videos come on.
UPDATE: Or, as a Little Bleeder pointed out, just use Hotspot Shield.
Viacom get the hits, as do their advertisers (and hey, I actually like seeing the US ads, it’s another occasional hit of Americana). And even though you may not be their target market, if you are holidaying in the US (three times for me this year I expect) make sure you buy some of the products advertised. Everybody wins!
Apart from More4. But that’s okay.
* I am not a lawyer and I do not play one on the internet.
- Brian Walton And Luke Y Thompson, Both Gone From Wizard World - November 21, 2017
- When DC Comics Makes The Case Against Harley Quinn - November 21, 2017
- San Diego Comic-Con Vs Salt Lake Comic Con Goes To Trial Over Trademark - November 21, 2017
- New Owners Reed POP Cancels MCM Midlands, Liverpool And Northern Ireland - November 21, 2017
- DC Launches Justice League Of China Comic Book In 2018 - November 20, 2017