This year they have three books focused on Warren Ellis.
In May we get Keeping the World Strange: A Planetary Guide, edited by Cody Walker and studying the work by Ellis and artist John Cassaday with essays by Timothy Callahan (Grant Morrison: The Early Years), Julian Darius (Improving the Foundations), A. David Lewis, Patrick Meaney (Our Sentence is Up), CBR’s Chad Nevett, Ross Payton, Andy Richardson, legendary comics scholar Peter Sanderson, Caleb Stokes, Kevin Thurman, Cody Walker, and others.
Then there’s Voyage in Noise: Warren Ellis and the Demise of Western Civilization by Kevin Thurman. This book examines Ellis’s entire body of work for common themes, discovering philosophical perspectives and parallels that illuminate contemporary society.
And finally Shot in the Face: A Savage Journey to the Heart of Transmetropolitan, edited by CBR’s Chad Nevett and studying the work by Ellis and artist Darick Robertson. It features essays by Greg Burgas, Johanna Draper Carlson, Julian Darius, Sara K. Ellis, Ryan K. Lindsay, Patrick Meaney, Jason Michelitch, Chris Murphy, Chad Nevett, Kevin Thurman, Brett Williams, and Sean Witzke. Look for this towards the end of the year.
And then of course, much more flashier and razzle-dazzlier is the movie documentary Warren Ellis: Captured Ghosts, a thematic sequel to director Patrick Meaney, creative consultant Kevin Thurman, and producers Respect! Films’ Grant Morrison: Talking with Gods.
I was in that and I may well be in the Ellis film too – I recorded a couple of pieces at the New York Comic Con this year.
Bloody hell, we’re going to be sick of him by the time 2013 rolls around.
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017
- SCOOP: The Return Of The Elementals From Dynamite Entertainment - April 30, 2017