Earlier in the year, Marvel published a Spider-Man/Doctor Strange mini-series entitled Fever, directly inspired by Steve Ditko’s work on the character. Brave, bold and brash,it was a surreal treat and one of the better Marvel books of late. Was there a chance of any more? Seemingly, no. Brendan McCarthy told me;
I recently tried Marvel on a sequel to FEVER called “Carnival of Light”, named after the unreleased Sgt Pepper era sound-collage that the Beatles knocked up for a “Happening” at the Round House in London.
Marvel told me they have trimmed plans for their more ‘fringe’ titles, so it’s very unlikely this one will fly. Attached, some of the visuals from the pitch.
Perhaps a quality Dr. Strange movie will stoke up demand for the character’s surreal world of dimensions and sorcerers.
- Brits Are Getting Gruesome Context For Guy Fawkes Night From BBC’s Gunpowder - October 22, 2017
- Will Monday Bring Confirmation That MCM And Reed Expo Are Getting Together? - October 22, 2017
- Mark Gatiss And Michael Sheen Finally Make Hammer’s The Unquenchable Thirst Of Dracula - October 22, 2017
- The Unpublished? DC Comics Cancels ‘The Unwritten’ Book 2 - October 22, 2017
- A Familiar Character Is Set To Discover That Peter Parker Is Spider-Man – Again (SPOILER) - October 22, 2017