Yesterday, Marvel announced that the readers could decide which Deadpool comic would be cancelled, Deadpool Team-Up or Deadpool Corps.
Rob Liefeld, who left Deadpool Corps with issue 9 was taken aback. He tweeted;
Just checked out that poll. That’s a charade. The decision has already been made.
And I honestly thought I’d seen everything possible in this business….
The TRUTH shall set you free. And the truth is that all discussions and correspondence on DPC has it as a 12 issue mini-series. Confused.
On the Bleeding Cool forums, he clarified;
Hey everyone, long time no chat.
First off, I’d like to point out that my last issue, #9 has been completed. I asked off DPC in the summer and stayed until #9. The book was always referred to as a 12 issue maxi series, like Merc w/a Mouth before it. I did covers #1-12. 12 was referred to as the final cover.
I’m confused as to the poll. But a stunt is a stunt and Marvel is free to do as they please. Maybe it will rally support. It’s certainly grabbed attention. Never know. I just hope that Victor and Marat’s work on DPC is completed.
And those of you who supported both books, thank you.
So is this a fix? Are Marvel really counting your votes? And if so, what if they say that Deadpool Team-Up should be cancelled? What then?
- Motor Crush #9 Will Be A Flashback Issue Drawn By Cameron Stewart With Babs Tarr On Colours - July 22, 2017
- Yes, Frank Castle Is 100% Putting On The War Machine Armour For Marvel Legacy - July 22, 2017
- Marvel’s New East Asian Superhero Titles, Sword Master And Aero, Will Be Published In East Asian Countries First - July 22, 2017
- Designing Lockjaw For ‘Inhumans: Once And Future Kings’ Back-Up Strips - July 22, 2017
- First Look At The New Runaways Comic By Rainbow Rowell And Kris Anka - July 22, 2017