Yesterday, Marvel announced that the readers could decide which Deadpool comic would be cancelled, Deadpool Team-Up or Deadpool Corps.
Rob Liefeld, who left Deadpool Corps with issue 9 was taken aback. He tweeted;
Just checked out that poll. That’s a charade. The decision has already been made.
And I honestly thought I’d seen everything possible in this business….
The TRUTH shall set you free. And the truth is that all discussions and correspondence on DPC has it as a 12 issue mini-series. Confused.
On the Bleeding Cool forums, he clarified;
Hey everyone, long time no chat.
First off, I’d like to point out that my last issue, #9 has been completed. I asked off DPC in the summer and stayed until #9. The book was always referred to as a 12 issue maxi series, like Merc w/a Mouth before it. I did covers #1-12. 12 was referred to as the final cover.
I’m confused as to the poll. But a stunt is a stunt and Marvel is free to do as they please. Maybe it will rally support. It’s certainly grabbed attention. Never know. I just hope that Victor and Marat’s work on DPC is completed.
And those of you who supported both books, thank you.
So is this a fix? Are Marvel really counting your votes? And if so, what if they say that Deadpool Team-Up should be cancelled? What then?
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017