Retailers traditionally order less of an original graphic novel than any corresponding monthly series, at least initially.
A number of retailers have reported they were shorted on numbers by Diamond and there are no copies left to replace them. There was been no official “sold out” notice but it’s looking that way. And there is word of a second print.
There was significant press attention for this book on publication that many did not anticipate, using such hot trigger words as Robert Pattinson and Twilight.
Amazon has sold out. For now.
While some people are offering copies for cover price, $19.99 or less on eBay, some are asking for $27 or more… and getting it.
The book has been compared to Ultimate Spider-Man. Another book dismissed to some degree by retailers and now a $50 comic.
Will this be a $100 book by next year?
I’m not suggesting you rush out and by a tonne of these. But the copy you did buy? Try not to break the spine…
- Tomorrow, Bill Sienkiewicz Pretends to Be Esad Ribic - November 20, 2018
- Aspen Teases the Return of Damsels In Excess in February 2019 Solicits - November 20, 2018
- Preview: Zoe Quinn and Robbi Rodriguez’ Goddess Mode - November 20, 2018
- So… How Are You Meant To Count Avengers Issue Numbers Now? - November 20, 2018
- Our First Look at Mark MIllar and Simone Bianchi’s Sharkey The Bounty Hunter for Netflix – With Covers From Frank Quitely and Matteo Scalera - November 20, 2018