Those looking to dive into more Shadowbringers content will have a chance today as Square Enix dropped the 5.15 patch into Final Fantasy XIV Online. This new update introduces a number of new challenges for Warriors of Light. This includes adding a new PvP mode, and the first major update for the Blue Mage. We have some of the details for you here, and you can read the full patch notes at this link.
- New PvP Frontline: Onsal Hakair (Danshig Naadam) – This new frontline map and ruleset teams up each of Eorzea's grand companies with a tribe of Azim Steppe as they fight for control of territory in this grand demonstration of martial prowess. Each team will work to capture 'Oovo,' bases which earn a team points while under their control—the first team to accumulate the required points will be declared the winner.
- Blue Mage Job Updates – FINAL FANTASY XIV Online's first limited job receives its first major update following its introduction earlier this year.
- Level Cap Increase from Level 50 to Level 60
- New Blue Mage Job Quests
- Learn New Iconic Blue Magic Spells
- Introduction of the Blue Mage Log – Form a party of blue mages to conquer various dungeons and trials through teamwork and strategy using blue magic. Players can reap weekly rewards by defeating specific targets, including high-difficulty "prime targets" that provide even greater bounties.
- New Mount, Minion, Crafting Recipes, Achievements, and More.