DC Universe‘s Titans dropped tons of teases and casting announcements… and more casting announcements… and even more casting announcements… for the second season for several months, leading up to September’s season opener “Trigon.” Since then, the series has seen twists and turns coming from every direction – with true “big bad” Slade Wilson (Esai Morales) aka Deathstroke returning from the past to make permanent line-up “changes”.
We’re guessing that after today’s announcement, there will probably be at least a few current Titans left standing when the smoke clears. DC Universe and Warner Bros. Television are giving the live-action series a greenlight for a third season, expected to hit the streamer (???) in Fall 2020. Premiering in 2018, the first season of Titans is currently available for streaming, with new season 2 episodes debuting on Fridays on DC Universe.
“Titans” Season 2:
In season two, following the aftermath of their encounter with Trigon, Dick reforms the Titans. Under his supervision in their new home at Titans Tower, Rachel, Gar and Jason Todd train together to hone their hero abilities and work together as a team. They are joined by Hank Hall and Dawn Granger aka Hawk and Dove and Donna Troy aka Wonder Girl.
Although these original Titans attempt to transition into a regular life, when old enemies resurface everyone must come together to take care of unfinished business. And as this family of old and new Titans – including Conner Kent and Rose Wilson – learn to co-exist, the arrival of Deathstroke, brings to light the sins of the old Titans which threaten to tear this new Titans family apart once more.
● After decades of fighting crime as Batman, Iain Glen‘s (Game of Thrones) billionaire Bruce Wayne is just as driven to protect Gotham from evil as he was in his prime. Needing to reconcile his relationship with Dick Grayson, the duo hope to forge a new dynamic as Bruce tries to help his former sidekick and the Titans achieve success.
● Esai Morales’ (Ozark) Slade Wilson is known for being DC’s deadliest assassin. While serving his country, Slade became an elite soldier before government testing enhanced his physiology to near superhuman levels, putting him on a path of darkness and revenge. To his family, Slade is a father and husband, but to the rest of the world, he is feared by many as the infamous Deathstroke; selling his services to the highest bidder as the ruthless assassin that never gives up and never misses.
● Daughter of the deadly assassin Deathstroke, Chelsea T. Zhang‘s (Andi Mack) Rose Wilson was forced to undergo the same procedure that granted her father nearly superhuman abilities, becoming a weapon known as Ravager. Ever resentful, she seeks out the Titans not only for their protection but to get back at her father. Knowing how dangerous it is to be the offspring of their deadliest foe, the Titans take her in but that doesn’t necessarily mean they trust her.
● Mute after his father failed to rescue him from having his vocal cords severed by assassins, Chella Man‘s (YouTube influencer/activist) Jericho has the unique ability to possess anyone just by making eye contact.
● Joshua Orpin’s (The Blake Mysteries: Ghost Stories) Conner Kent/Superboy is the angsty teenager of steel searching for purpose and the truth about his past. While looking for answers, he crashes into the world of the Titans where he finds an unlikely home and surrogate family as well as revelations that carry more complications than he ever bargained for.
● Natalie Gumede‘s (Doctor Who Christmas Special, Jekyll & Hyde) Mercy Graves is the ruthless, cunning, right hand and bodyguard to the notorious Lex Luthor – serving her boss with unquestioned loyalty. Her connection to the Luthors runs deep, as Mercy has been a friend of the family and in Lex’s life since they were young.
● Drew Van Acker‘s (Pretty Little Liars) Aqualad was born to the royal court of Atlantis and trained by Aquaman to protect life both on land and in the oceans. Garth looks to step out from the shadow of his mentor to become his own hero as a Titan, along with many other former sidekicks.
● Genevieve Angelson‘s (Good Girl Revolt) Dr. Eve Watson is a research doctor with conflicted feelings about her work at Cadmus Laboratories.
● Michael Mosley‘s (Ozark, Seven Seconds) Dr. Arthur Light aka Doctor Light is a physicist-turned-villain with the ability to manipulate light and all of its properties.
DC Universe’s Titans stars Brenton Thwaites (Richard “Dick” Grayson / Robin), Anna Diop (Koriand’r / Kory Anders / Starfire), Teagan Croft (Rachel Roth / Raven), Ryan Potter (Garfield “Gar” Logan / Beast Boy), Minka Kelly (Dawn Granger / Dove), Alan Ritchson (Hank Hall / Hawk), Curran Walters (Jason Todd / Robin), and Conor Leslie (Donna Troy / Wonder Girl).
Titans is produced by Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. The series was developed by Akiva Goldsman & Geoff Johns & Greg Berlanti, based on characters from DC. Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Greg Berlanti, Greg Walker, and Sarah Schechter are the executive producers.