Have you ever been playing Fortnite and come across a scenario where you needed a wall desperately, but the game told you it was “impossible”? It appears those issues may be going away when the devs at Epic Games roll out the 7.20 update. Design Lead Eric Williamson took to Reddit to briefly outline what will take place, along with some video examples to show people how the building process has changed.
In the v7.20 update we’re introducing a change that should help placement in these circumstances!
This feature will kick in when you attempt to place a
structureedit: wall that:
Requires a connection to a building piece
The connecting piece is at least 70% underground
Under those circumstances, the required connecting piece will now build automatically and for free. In addition, the connecting piece will inherit team ownership rules (and the material type) of the desired piece.
Please check out this feature when it’s rolled out and let us know what you think!
If all goes according to plan, it appears the game will allow you to build almost anywhere, except in terrain that is just impossible for players to justify like jagged cliffsides. No date was given as to when the update would come to Fortnite, but like a lot of updates, if they’re talking about it now we’re probably going to see it within a week or two.
- The Iceberg in Fortnite Has a New Secret With a Hatch
- Epic Games is Adding Glider Redeployment Back Into Fortnite
- Fortnite Developer Epic Games Receives F from Better Business Bureau
- Katana Zero Receives a New Action Trailer Full of '80s Action Synth
- Fornite's Latest Update Adds Suppressed Sniper and Dual Pistols
- Epic Games Working to Resolve Fortnite Issues for Middle East Players
- BC Toy Spotting: Captain Marvel, Funko, Batman, NECA, WWE, and More!