Welcome back to Bring Out Your Dead: Bleeding Cool’s The Walking Dead Live-Blog!, as we take a look at the fourth episode (and the second-to-last episode for Andrew Lincoln‘s Rick Grimes) in the game-changing ninth season of AMC‘s long-running drama-horror series, ‘The Obliged.’
Less than two years after Rick, Maggie (Lauren Cohan), Michonne (Danai Gurira), and the rest of the communities banded together to bring down Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and the Saviors, work on rebuilding society continues on – as Negan stews in a prison cell. And while the communities may be working together, not all are created equal: the Sanctuary is unable to grow its own food – or move out from under the shadow of the Saviors, thanks to those still loyal. Add to that a growing view among the communities that they shouldn’t feel obligated to save a community that once tortured and killed their citizens – a view Maggie’s shared since Rick made the decision to let Negan live.
After last week’s episode, Maggie and Daryl (Norman Reedus) decided on a more “permanent” solution to the communities’ “Saviors problem” – starting with Negan. In this week’s episode of AMC’s The Walking Dead, ‘The Obliged,’ we see their plan unfold – and see if Rick can make things right.
The Walking Dead s09e04 ‘The Obliged’: Rick’s vision of a civilized future is threatened by a sudden reckoning with past sins that remain unavenged and unforgiven.
● This page should update…but just to be on the safe side I strongly suggest you refresh every now and then to make sure because I’ve been known to ramble often and quickly.
● If you’re going to social media to talk about what we’re talking about, go with: #twd and #twdbc.
● While you’re waiting (or if you just need a breather from my raw, uncut cult-of-personality), check out some cool The Walking Dead “extras” we have waiting for you below.
In this key scene from last week’s episode, Daryl and Maggie find out who is behind the Saviors’ murders – and make a decision there may be no turning back from:
The cast and creators of The Walking Dead discuss Maggie and Daryl’s uncertainty about Rick’s vision, and how Gregory’s hanging has inspired others to take justice into their own hands.
Last season brought the culmination of “All Out War,” which pitted Rick Grimes and his group of survivors against the Saviors and their cunning leader, Negan. With Negan’s life in his hands, Rick had a character-defining choice in front of him. By making the unilateral decision to spare Negan, Rick upheld the values his late son, Carl, championed in order to build for the future, but created conflict within his group.
Now, we see our survivors a year and a half after the end of the war, rebuilding civilization under Rick’s steadfast leadership. It is a time of relative peace among the communities as they work together, looking to the past to forge the future, but the world they knew is rapidly changing as man-made structures continue to degrade, and nature takes over, changing the landscape and creating new challenges for our survivors.
As time passes, the communities confront unexpected obstacles, danger, and of course, walkers, but nothing quite prepares them for the formidable force they are about to encounter, which threatens the very idea of civilization that our survivors have worked so hard to build.
Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, “The Walking Dead” reigns the number one drama on television among adults 18-49 for the last six seasons. The series is executive produced by chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, showrunner Angela Kang, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert, Greg Nicotero, Tom Luse, and Denise Huth
- Titans Season 1, Episode 8: DC Universe Releases Images of Conor Leslie’s Donna Troy - November 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Balloon/Float Guide: Goku, Grinch, Toothless, and More! - November 20, 2018
- HBO’s Watchmen: “Masks Save Lives” Even When “Hiding in Plain Sight” (TEASERS) - November 20, 2018
- 2019 White House Correspondents’ Dinner Ditching Comics to Avoid Controversy, Ratings - November 20, 2018
- Gotham Season 5: On Day 45, The Scarecrow Rises – And He Brought Some Friends (PREVIEW) - November 20, 2018