Sony sent out information this week about the ability to change your PSN name, but with it came a list of cautionary warnings about doing so. The company released the following warnings saying that certain games may not work like they should with your profile, in fact, you may lose progress in certain games or lose your profile altogether. That may sound like a major problem, but it seems the issues will be centralized on older games from the PS3 and early PS4 titles.
Important Information Before Changing your Online ID:
Not all games and applications for PS4™, PS3™, PS Vita, and other PlayStation® systems support the Online ID change feature. If you change your Online ID:
• You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you have acquired for your games, including content like add-ons and virtual currency.
• You may lose your progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data and progress toward trophies.
• Parts of your games and applications might not function properly, both online and offline.
• Your previous Online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players in some places.
Change Online ID Restrictions During Preview:
The changes during the preview will adhere to the following structure:
• First change is free for all users.
• Second change will be charged at €9.99 / £7.99 (PlayStation®Plus subscribers receive a 50% discount).
• If your previous Online ID violates any of the current Terms of Service, you will not be able to revert back to your previous Online ID.
• You can revert to your previous Online ID once per account during the preview period.
• Sub-Accounts cannot utilise the Change Online ID feature.
• After you change your Online ID, it may take a few hours for some services and applications to reflect the new ID.
If for any reason you have issues after changing your Online ID you can revert back to your previous ID at no charge. However:
• you may only do this once during the preview period;
• changing back to your previous Online ID may not fix all issues (you may not recover all or any lost content, progress and functionality; and
• if you want to change back, do so as soon as possible because changing back to your previous Online ID may affect content, game progress and functionality associated with your new Online ID.
- Sony Says They Will Not Be Attending E3 2019
- Bloody Revisionist History: We Review Axis & Allies & Zombies
- Days Gone Delayed Again on PS4 Until April 2019
- Sony Says The PS4 Message Hacks Have Been Fixed
- A New Esports Pairing Launches an Overwatch PS4 International Tournament
- Rockstar Reveals PS4 Early Access Content for Red Dead Redemption 2
- Marvel's Spider-Man Coming Close to a PS4 Completion Record
- Cliff Bleszinski Announces He’s Done With Video Games - November 18, 2018
- Valve Has Already Added a Beta Update to Artifact - November 18, 2018
- Three Nukes Crashed the Fallout 76 Server in Spectacular Fashion - November 18, 2018
- Hi-Rez Studios Lays Out Details For Crossplay on Multiple Games - November 18, 2018
- Frostpunk to Receive an Endless Mode Update Shortly - November 18, 2018