Couch Studios sent out an announcement over the weekend for their brand new MMORPG title Ember Sword, which will be a cross-platform game. If you’re a fan of Runescape, then this may just be up your alley as the game will have an open PVP system complete with its own economy and specialized combat system. We have the trailer and a few quotes from the developers for you to check out below.
“As avid MMORPG players, we grew tired of static “theme-park” universes where we can engage with everything in the world, but never truly change or evolve it, much less own it and the items we’ve gathered within it.”, So Couch Studios founder Mark Phillipe Laursen says, explaining why his team is developing Ember Sword, before he continues:
“Most free-to-play MMORPGs monetize through pay-to-win mechanics and non-transferable cosmetics in an attempt to increase revenue by locking down the cash shop economy. With Ember Sword, we’re putting players in charge of evolving the world and its economy instead, because to us, creating an engaging and fair universe is much more important than heavily monetizing players – opting instead for an optional monthly subscription and marketplace fees”.
- Latest Legends of Aria Shows Off How You Create Your Home
- Lineage II: Revolution's New Update Includes Second Class Transfers
- Square Enix Announces Kam’lanaut Coming to Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
- Old School RuneScape is Coming to Mobile in October
- Lineage 2: Revolution Announces Surprise Collaboration Event
- PAX West: Bandai Namco Announces Bless Unleashed for Xbox One
- Battle for Azeroth is World of Warcraft's Best-Selling Expansion
- PUBG Develops Say They’re Done With the “Fix PUBG” Project - November 17, 2018
- H1Z1 Pro League Will Shut Down Due To Several Issues - November 17, 2018
- Square Enix Releases a New “Deep Dive” Trailer for Just Cause 4 - November 17, 2018
- Hunt: Showdown Adds a New Map With Latest 3.0 Beta Update - November 17, 2018
- Naruto X Boruto Ninja Voltage Gets an Anniversary Campaign - November 17, 2018