After last week’s mostly flashback episode explained how Queenie (Gabourey Sidibe) made it out of the Hotel Cortez alive (Hotel alert!) and how Madison (Emma Roberts) shuffled back onto this mortal coil (again), Michael Langdon (Cody Fern) proved himself worthy of the fast-track to becoming the first male Supreme – or “Alpha.” Big problem: Supreme Cordelia Goode (Sarah Paulson) realizes Langdon’s power comes from something ancient and truly evil – more than even the combined powers of the witches and warlocks can contain.
This week’s preview for FX‘s American Horror Story: Apocalypse s08e05 ‘Boy Wonder’ takes us back to the show’s current timeline – and while we will be getting some more backstory leading up to the end of the world, it also appears that Cordelia and her coven are ready for a fight – with the fate of what remains of the world hanging in the balance:
American Horror Story: Apocalypse s08e05 ‘Boy Wonder’: Written by John J. Gray; Directed by Gwyneth Horder-Payton.
Fans of American Horror Story were treated to two great news drops at this year’s Television Critics Association (TCA) summer press event:
● the horror anthology series had been renewed for a 10th season (FX Networks CEO John Landgraf: “He (Murphy) asked for a 10th season of American Horror Story which we were happy to give to him”);
● Jessica Lange is reprising her Murder House role as Constance Langdon, appearing in the sixth episode – also marking Paulson’s directorial debut on the show (Paulson: “I have the great pleasure of saying, yes, she (Lange) will be back”).
Paulson, Lange, Emma Roberts, Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, Evan Peters, Kathy Bates, Cheyenne Jackson, Billie Lourd, Billy Eichner, Adina Porter, Leslie Grossman, Taissa Farmiga, Gabourey Sidibe, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy, and Stevie Nicks have returned to Murphy’s horrific universe. Joan Collins (Dynasty), Cody Fern (House of Cards), Ashley Santos (We All Fall Down), and Kyle Allen (The Path) are new cast members for the season.
Now get your scorecards out to see how everyone matches up, AHS fans! Rabe appeared in the Murder House, Coven, Hotel, and Roanoke seasons, while Sidibe appeared in Coven, Freak Show, and Hotel. Farmiga appeared in Murder House, Coven, and Roanoke; AHS mainstay Conroy has appeared in six seasons: Murder House, Asylum, Coven, Freak Show, Roanoke, and Cult. Nicks appeared as the White Witch during Coven.
Meanwhile… Paulson’s Billie Dean Howard appeared in Murder House, and her Cordelia Foxx appeared in Coven. Peters played ghostly teen Tate Langdon in Murder House and fraternity president Kyle Spencer in Coven. Lange’s Constance Langdon appeared in Murder House, while Bates and Roberts joined the franchise during Coven as Madame Delphine LaLaurie and Madison Montgomery, respectively.
And then we have new characters… Paulson as Ms. Wilhemina Venable, Peters as Mr. Gallant, Bates as Ms. Miriam Mead, Grossman as Coco St. Pierre Vanderbilt, Lourd as Mallory, and Porter as Dinah Stevens.
- Madison, Behold ‘Return to Murder House’ in FX’s American Horror Story: Apocalypse Preview - October 16, 2018
- The Gang Gets All “Inception-y” in FXX’s It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Preview - October 16, 2018
- BlacKkKlansman’s Paul Walter Hauser Joins ‘Cobra Kai’ Season 2 - October 16, 2018
- Kidding s01e06 ‘The Cookie’: Jeff’s Identity Crisis Has Some Company (REVIEW) - October 16, 2018
- Charmed Season 1 ‘Pilot’ Review: A Strong Start That Honors, Updates Original Series - October 15, 2018