The new season of Doctor Who is expected to be a clean break from the tenure of previous showrunner Steven Moffat. No Daleks, no Cybermen, and no recurring characters from Moffat’s run on the show. However, when asked about the possibility of River Song returning at the show’s New York Comic Con premiere panel, new showrunner Chris Chibnall seemed less sure than before. By which we mean not sure at all.
Chibnall said he “doesn’t know” when asked if the show will bring back the Doctor’s wife, now in a same-sex relationship with Jodie Whittaker’s female Doctor. Is Chibnall having second thoughts on revisiting popular aspects of the Doctor’s past? Or has a River Song return been planned from the start, with Chibnall purposely misdirecting fans? The Doctor always lies, after all. Or was he simply avoiding the question? We’ll leave it to you to decide.
Bleeding Cool’s Amanda Gurall and Adi Tantimedh were on hand at the panel sending us breaking updates so we could bring them to you in clickable bite-sized morsels.
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1: A New Preview, and Writers’ Finals Words - October 18, 2018
- Earn Your Preview Badge With This First Look at Black Badge #4 - October 18, 2018
- Marvel Gives Dave Cockrum a Wraparound, Plus More Uncanny X-Men #1 Ch-Ch-Changes - October 18, 2018
- Unwrap Rugrats: C is for Chanukah Holiday Special By Reading This Preview - October 18, 2018