The new season of Doctor Who is expected to be a clean break from the tenure of previous showrunner Steven Moffat. No Daleks, no Cybermen, and no recurring characters from Moffat’s run on the show. However, when asked about the possibility of River Song returning at the show’s New York Comic Con premiere panel, new showrunner Chris Chibnall seemed less sure than before. By which we mean not sure at all.
Chibnall said he “doesn’t know” when asked if the show will bring back the Doctor’s wife, now in a same-sex relationship with Jodie Whittaker’s female Doctor. Is Chibnall having second thoughts on revisiting popular aspects of the Doctor’s past? Or has a River Song return been planned from the start, with Chibnall purposely misdirecting fans? The Doctor always lies, after all. Or was he simply avoiding the question? We’ll leave it to you to decide.
Bleeding Cool’s Amanda Gurall and Adi Tantimedh were on hand at the panel sending us breaking updates so we could bring them to you in clickable bite-sized morsels.
- The Ice King Apology Tour Commences in 1st Look at Adventure Time: Marcy & Simon #1 - December 13, 2018
- Marvel Reveals Phil Noto Interlocking Variants for 80th Anniversary - December 13, 2018
- Lela Gwenn and Matthew Dow Smith Launch Bad Luck Chuck at Dark Horse in March - December 13, 2018
- Joe Illidge Explains Post-Valiant Future in Most Polite Open Letter Ever - December 13, 2018
- #GhostCorps: IDW Teases Something Big for Ghostbusters in 2019 - December 13, 2018