New Doctor Who showrunner Chris Chibnall is holding court at New York Comic Con following a live viewing at the Doctor Who panel. And he’s dropping headline-worthy quotes like a seasoned pro already! Unless you’ve been living under a rock and missed both tonight’s premiere and months worth of PR, you know that the previously male titular Doctor has regenerated as a woman, played by Jodie Whittaker. And with that come some changes, like a penchant for fried egg sandwiches, part of the show’s focus on working class characters this season.
“Not a single middle class or upper class character in the premiere episode,” Chibnall pointed out.
But Chibnall had some other new that readers might find of interest. For example, Chibnall said at the panel that The Doctor identifies as gender non-binary. “The Doctor should be a unifying figure for everyone, including LGBTQ people,” said Chibnall, according to our on-the-scene reporters Adi Tantimedh and Amanda Gurall.
Stay tuned to Bleeding Cool for more breaking news from the panel.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018