New Doctor Who showrunner Chris Chibnall is holding court at New York Comic Con following a live viewing at the Doctor Who panel. And he’s dropping headline-worthy quotes like a seasoned pro already! Unless you’ve been living under a rock and missed both tonight’s premiere and months worth of PR, you know that the previously male titular Doctor has regenerated as a woman, played by Jodie Whittaker. And with that come some changes, like a penchant for fried egg sandwiches, part of the show’s focus on working class characters this season.
“Not a single middle class or upper class character in the premiere episode,” Chibnall pointed out.
But Chibnall had some other new that readers might find of interest. For example, Chibnall said at the panel that The Doctor identifies as gender non-binary. “The Doctor should be a unifying figure for everyone, including LGBTQ people,” said Chibnall, according to our on-the-scene reporters Adi Tantimedh and Amanda Gurall.
Stay tuned to Bleeding Cool for more breaking news from the panel.
- J. Jonah Jameson, This is Your Life! Next Week’s Amazing Spider-Man #12 - December 16, 2018
- Clone Drone Problems in Next Week’s Life of Captain Marvel #3 - December 16, 2018
- Where’s the Other Side of the Climate Change Debate in Next Week’s Defenders: The Best Defense? - December 16, 2018
- Experience Baba Von Doom’s Thrice-Baked Potatoes in Next Week’s Runaways #16 - December 16, 2018
- Morgan Le Fay Shows a Clear Lack of Gratitude in Weapon H #11 - December 16, 2018