At his New York Comic Con spotlight panel, superstar DC Comics writer Tom King compared the fan-favorite relationship between Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy to the one between Superman and Lois Lane.
Despite the popularity of the pairing, DC’s recent vision for Poison Ivy has been called into question of late. But when Bleeding Cool Ace Reporter Hugh Sheridan, a true hero of the people, asked King about the direction of Ivy, King revealed that she would feature heavily in Heroes in Crisis because Harley Quinn does. According to King, one of DC’s most prominent creators and one with considerable political sway, he thinks of Harley and Ivy as connected “like Lois and Clark.” As a result, where one goes to a super-mega-crossover event, so does the other. By placing the Harley/Ivy relationship in the same category as DC Comics, and possibly superhero comics in general’s, most famous coupling, King is sure to earn the gratitude of fans, and to earn many clicks for this Bleeding Cool article.
Was Tom King expecting to break the internet this weekend?
Check back later for a full panel report from the panel.
- Marvel’s Jordan White Spoils the Last Panel of Uncanny X-Men #1 for #XMenMonday - October 22, 2018
- Power Rangers: Beyond the Grid Goes Beyond Its 1st Print Run, Goes Back for More - October 22, 2018
- Marvel Unveils More X-citing Uncanny X-Men Variants by Liefeld, Campbell, Pacheco, Crain, and Land - October 22, 2018
- Lois Lane Accused of Canoodling Lex Luthor in Action Comics #1004 Preview - October 22, 2018
- Oni Press Plans Super Fun Sexy Times with Ghost Hog, Dream Daddy, and More Next Summer - October 22, 2018