At his New York Comic Con spotlight panel, superstar DC Comics writer Tom King compared the fan-favorite relationship between Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy to the one between Superman and Lois Lane.
Despite the popularity of the pairing, DC’s recent vision for Poison Ivy has been called into question of late. But when Bleeding Cool Ace Reporter Hugh Sheridan, a true hero of the people, asked King about the direction of Ivy, King revealed that she would feature heavily in Heroes in Crisis because Harley Quinn does. According to King, one of DC’s most prominent creators and one with considerable political sway, he thinks of Harley and Ivy as connected “like Lois and Clark.” As a result, where one goes to a super-mega-crossover event, so does the other. By placing the Harley/Ivy relationship in the same category as DC Comics, and possibly superhero comics in general’s, most famous coupling, King is sure to earn the gratitude of fans, and to earn many clicks for this Bleeding Cool article.
Was Tom King expecting to break the internet this weekend?
Check back later for a full panel report from the panel.
- Marvel Celebrates Politics in Comics with World Outside Your Window Hardcover - December 18, 2018
- Betty and Veronica Make a Secret Pact in Tomorrow’s Betty & Veronica #1 - December 18, 2018
- Valiant Smashes the System With Line Art Preview of Punk Mambo #1 - December 18, 2018
- To Create Synergy with Women’s History Month, IDW Plans Hasbro Anthology - December 18, 2018
- Hulk Goes to Therapy in March’s Immortal Hulk #15 - December 18, 2018