Some cool news out of the Overwatch League this morning as the Washington D.C. team has hired the first woman coach to the league. The team hired two new people this week with Molly “AVALLA” Kim (formerly the coach of Meta Bellum) and Mikael “mkL” Skjønhaug (analyst from Last Night’s Leftovers). Kim posted her news and reaction on Twitter letting people know the good news.
After spending one season in open divison, NA Contenders, and KR Contenders, I am finally here at @overwatchleague . As far as I know, I think I am the first female coach to make it here. Will work hard. I gave up law school to coach here 🤓
— AVALLA 아바라 (@avalla_ow) September 20, 2018
We have yet to know much about the D.C. team in the Overwatch League, beyond the fact that the head coaching position is currently run by Kim “WizardHyeong” Heyong-seok, who expressed his happiness to have AVALLA on board. We should know within the next month or so as the team has until December 1st to fill all their required team slots.
- Activision Blizzard Announces Overwatch LEGO at Licensing Expo 2018
- 5 Predictions for Overwatch League Stage 4: Unpredictability Will Reign Supreme as New Meta Forms
- Activision Blizzard Announces Record First Quarter Thanks to Player Engagement
- [UPDATED] Twitch Reportedly Paid a Lot of Money for the Overwatch League Broadcasting Deal
- Activision Blizzard's Third Quarter Delivered Record Results Thanks To Destiny 2 And Hearthstone
- Nintendo Switch Pre-Orders Are Live for Several Final Fantasy Titles - October 13, 2018
- Koei Tecmo Releases a New Character Trailer for Warriors Orochi 4 - October 13, 2018
- Lucasfilm Orders Halt to Fan-Made Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - October 13, 2018
- Bethesda Softworks Reveal the Full Map for Fallout 76 - October 13, 2018
- Freelance Artist Shows Off Rejected Injustice 2 Concept Art - October 13, 2018