Ingrid Chabbert, author of nearly sixty children’s books, is moving to the more mature medium of comics (we just debuted Batman’s penis this week) for her graphic novel debut alongside artist Carole Maurel: Waves. Hitting stores early next year, Waves is based on Chabbert’s own experiences trying to conceive, and will be published by Archaia, an imprint of explosive comic book publisher BOOM! Studios. From the press release:
After years of difficulty trying to have children, a young couple finally announces their pregnancy, only to have the most joyous day of their lives replaced with one of unexpected heartbreak. Their relationship is put to the test as they forge ahead, working together to rebuild themselves amidst the churning tumult of devastating loss, and ultimately facing the soul-crushing reality that they may never conceive a child of their own.
Said BOOM! Executive Editor Sierra Hahn:
WAVES is a powerfully understated exploration of one couple’s heartbreaking loss of a baby and, perhaps, their dream of ever conceiving. Chabbert and Maurel use the very creation of this book to explore the journey of healing through self-acceptance, forgiveness, and the act of creating art that channels such pain into stories that rebuild, revive, and remember.
Waves will hit stores on February 27th, 2019.
- New GWAR OGN The Enormogantic Fail Revisits the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7 - October 17, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018