Ingrid Chabbert, author of nearly sixty children’s books, is moving to the more mature medium of comics (we just debuted Batman’s penis this week) for her graphic novel debut alongside artist Carole Maurel: Waves. Hitting stores early next year, Waves is based on Chabbert’s own experiences trying to conceive, and will be published by Archaia, an imprint of explosive comic book publisher BOOM! Studios. From the press release:
After years of difficulty trying to have children, a young couple finally announces their pregnancy, only to have the most joyous day of their lives replaced with one of unexpected heartbreak. Their relationship is put to the test as they forge ahead, working together to rebuild themselves amidst the churning tumult of devastating loss, and ultimately facing the soul-crushing reality that they may never conceive a child of their own.
Said BOOM! Executive Editor Sierra Hahn:
WAVES is a powerfully understated exploration of one couple’s heartbreaking loss of a baby and, perhaps, their dream of ever conceiving. Chabbert and Maurel use the very creation of this book to explore the journey of healing through self-acceptance, forgiveness, and the act of creating art that channels such pain into stories that rebuild, revive, and remember.
Waves will hit stores on February 27th, 2019.
- New Comic Publisher TKO Launches With Big Name Creators and Revolutionary Ambitions - December 10, 2018
- Barnes & Noble Gets a Retailer-Exclusive Edition of Mister Miracle - December 10, 2018
- Cyclops Goes Old School in #XMenMonday Sneak Peeks - December 10, 2018
- Another Year of Rick and Morty Presents One-Shots on the Way from Oni Press - December 10, 2018
- Best-Selling Author Gaby Dunn Makes Comics Debut with Claire Roe in Bury the Lede OGN - December 10, 2018