A new trailer for the upcoming horror title Call of Cthulhu has landed showing off the world of the Old Ones we will be exploring.
I’m genuinely interested in seeing what comes of Call of Cthulhu. HP Lovecraft hasn’t really been done that well in games, at least not officially, and there is probably a good reason for that. The creatures of the author’s stories are meant to be inconceivable and able to drive us mad from even looking upon them. Once you render said creature in a video game… well, that power is pretty much lost.
That’s why I’m fascinated to see how developer Cyanide deals with building this world and rendering the mysteriousness of Call of Cthulhu. That is the focus of this new gameplay trailer, which may give us our best look at the game thus far. It hints at the madness we will descend into and a lot about the spooky cultists we will deal with. It’s got an interesting, almost Amnesia: The Dark Decent vibe that looks like it could be entertaining to get lost in. You can check out the gameplay trailer here:
While there are still questions about how the game will render the likes of Lovecraft’s work, this is meant to be based closer to the tabletop game than a strict adaption of the source material. Still, for a mysterious horror title, this certainly has my eye. I really do want to see how Call of Cthulhu comes together, as there is certainly potential for an exciting and worthwhile horror game here. Here’s hoping.
- Infected Shelter Gets a Brand New Trailer from Dark Blue Games
- Frictional Games Announces Amnesia: Collection for Xbox One with Hard Mode
- Sunless Skies Finally Gets a Release Date for Early 2019
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018
- Breath of the Wild Style Open World Pokemon Game Possibly “Still on the Cards” - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2 Glitch Could Confirm Next Expansion Location - October 15, 2018
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018