Every so often (but seemingly less so since we started this column), comic book publishers accidentally send out unlettered previews, showing us what the characters are doing but not what they’re saying. What a boner! In Improbable Previews, we correct this mistake by putting the words back in, using our best guess at what they are based on decades of time wasted reading comic books. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy, of course.
This December, Green Power Ranger Tommy Oliver gets his own solo OGN, written by Kyle Higgins with art by Giuseppe Cafaro and consultation by Jason David Frank himself. Explosive comic book publisher BOOM! Studios has sent out an unlettered preview, and we’ve taken the liberty of lettering it for them for free (which is admittedly not much less than BOOM! usually pays)! In Saban’s Power Rangers: Soul of the Dragon, Tommy Oliver travels to the premier small press comics convention in the United States, but what he finds isn’t a celebration of independent comics, but rather the exploitation of a creative industry by a soulless mega-corporation. No, not the three or four soulless mega-corporations already sucking comics dry for intellectual property opportunities. A brand new one!
Check out the preview below, and look for Saban’s Power Rangers: Soul of the Dragon in stores in December.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018