Twitch just formed a new interesting partnership with PUBG Corp. to bring special streamer-themed items to PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. The move is being done to hype Broadcaster Royale, a competition hosted by OMEN HP which puts several Twitch and YouTube streamers/players against each other to see how is kind of the streams. Oh, and trying to collect on a $300k prize pool, and the chance to make their own merch to sell in the game. The finals will take place at TwitchCon 2018, and as part of the build-up, Twitch prime members can snag up to 10 items for free right now. Here’s some additional details on the skins.
The custom skins will be available for purchase from twitch.tv/PUBG, via an Extension on participating Twitch channels, or within the game through Steam. Revenue from the sale of these custom skins not only supports the Twitch streamer that contributed to the designs for certain items, but also the channel owner if purchased via an Extension. Any revenue-earning Partner or Affiliate can sell items via the Extension.
“Fans of Twitch love to celebrate and support their favorite PUBG streamers,” said John Howell, VP of Global Partnerships at Twitch. “By offering an unprecedented amount of skins tailored after these popular streaming personalities, it ensures fans can wear their hearts on both sleeves while supporting their favorite creators.”
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Launches on FACEIT Today
- Twitch and Prime Video Partner With the NFL for Interactive Football
- PUBG Mobile Taking Entries for Global "Star Challenge 2018"
- China Has Shut Down All Broadcasts and Access to Twitch
- TwitchCon Sends Out Noticed About This Year's Safety Measures
- This Year's TwitchCon Will be Hosting the Doritos Bowl 2018
- PUBG Receives Several Additions From the Latest Update
- Twitch Releases September’s Free Games with Prime Lineup
- Xbox One Will Get a Special PUBG Controller for the Game
- PUBG is Finally Getting a Training Mode
- Brad Wong and Eliot Announced for Dead or Alive 6 Roster - December 13, 2018
- Ninja Will Live Commentate Thursday Night Football on Twitch - December 13, 2018
- SEGA Classics Launches on Amazon Fire TV Today - December 13, 2018
- Scopley and WBIE Launch Looney Tunes: World of Mayhem - December 13, 2018
- Chinese Ethics Board Orders Bans on Several Games Including PUBG and Fortnite - December 12, 2018