Canadian developer and publisher Digital Extremes, in collaboration with developer Panic Button, is bringing their online action MMO Warframe to the Nintendo Switch on Tuesday, November 20th, 2018.
With 38 million registered users over its five-year cycle on multiple systems, so Digital Extremes is hoping Warframe’s popularity will continue with another console added to its roster. Part of the game’s popularity certainly comes from its fast, fluid combat, deep RPG customization systems, and constant updates. All of which will come to the Switch edition of the game. Warframe has co-op 1-4 player gameplay which will give Nintendo Switch players a new opportunity to play with friends online as space ninjas. Which does help in making it unique among the vast group of third-party games that have made it to Nintendo’s newest console.
Panic Button have worked on the Doom, Wolfenstein: the New Colossus, and Rocket League Switch port, which means you know this will be a pretty darn faithful version of the game.
The game’s official description reads:
In Warframe you will master the Warframe armor as the enigmatic Tenno, a race of ancient warriors wielding blade and gun, who are awakened from centuries of cryo-sleep by a mysterious guide, the Lotus, to restore order throughout the Solar System. Tenno will experiment with Warframe‘s blisteringly fast Parkour movement system, giving them the ability to Wall-Dash up walls, Bullet Jump across vast terrain and Dive-Kick into a teeming crowd of Grineer, among other moves. Eager Tenno will lose countless hours acquiring a variety of Warframes (36 and counting) to best suit their play style, as well as new weapons and gear, crafting specialized weapons and customizing their Warframe, weapons, ships and looks to make the ultimate Fashion Frame statement!
You can check out the Switch announcement trailer below.
- Digital Extremes Releases More Info on Warframe's Next DLC
- Digital Extremes Reveal Next Warframe DLC Coming in November
- Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XV are Hosting a Crossover - December 12, 2018
- Amy Hennig to Receive Life Achievement Award at GDC 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Fallout 76 Now Under Fire for Lazy Ultrawide Mode Update - December 12, 2018
- Wintersday Festival Kicks Off in Guild Wars 2 Today - December 12, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV’s Comrades Mode Goes Solo Today - December 12, 2018