As part of the massive Nintendo Direct presentation today, the company detailed the version updates coming to both Splatoon 2 and Mario Tennis Aces. Several updates will be rolling out soon as free updates for both games, with both the Version 4 and 4.1 updates planned for Splatoon 2, while Mario Tennis Aces will be getting its version 2.0 update.
For Splatoon 2 fans, the Version 4.0 update will be rolling out tonight or early tomorrow with the first set of weapons in the Kensa Collection. These familiar weapons are painted with stylish monotone designs, because sometimes you just can’t beat a classic. Additionally, significant new Splatfest changes are coming in the 4.0 update.
Finally, the Version 4.1 Update will bring a new stage, new songs, and more Kensa Collection weapon sets with new sub and special weapons. The Squid Research Lab Tumblr released more details on both updates. You can check out the Splatoon 2 segment of the Nintendo Direct here.
As for Mario Tennis Aces, the Version 2.0 Update will roll out on September 19th, 2018. Version 2.0 will give players access to a new online co-op mode (set just in time to coincide with the Nintendo Switch Online service launch) whcih will let players participate in time-limited missions with other players. Players who complete objectives while these missions are active will receive special outfits, characters with alternate color schemes, and a few other surprise goodies.
Additionally, new playable characters will be rolled out for the game. Birdo, Shy Guy, Koopa Paratroopa, and Petey Pranha have all been announced.
You can check out the Mario Tennis Aces portion of the Nintendo Direct here.
- Mario Tennis Aces Will Receive Three New Characters Next Year
- Nintendo Adds The Last Salmon Run Map and Weapons to Splatoon 2
- Birdo is the Next Character to Join Mario Tennis Aces
- Nintendo's Next Update for Splatoon 2 Will Add Its Final Stage
- Splatoon 2 Launches Their FIrst Splatfest After the Online Changes
- Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XV are Hosting a Crossover - December 12, 2018
- Amy Hennig to Receive Life Achievement Award at GDC 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Fallout 76 Now Under Fire for Lazy Ultrawide Mode Update - December 12, 2018
- Wintersday Festival Kicks Off in Guild Wars 2 Today - December 12, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV’s Comrades Mode Goes Solo Today - December 12, 2018