A short but prolific portion of today’s Nintendo Direct featured a series of announcements about third party games coming to the Nintendo Switch in the coming year. Newly announced titles include Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, NBA 2K19, NBA 2K Playgrounds 2, Just Dance 2019, and LEGO DC Super-Villains. We also recieved additional information on other third party Switch games like Mega Man 11, Diablo III: Eternal Collection, and EA Sports FIFA 19.
You can check out the entire third party segment of the Nintendo Direct starting here, if you wish.
The announcements are summarized below:
- Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: When the acclaimed strategy game comes to Nintendo Switch on Nov. 16, it will do so with an exclusive four-player wireless LAN multiplayer mode.
- Mega Man 11: The Blue Bomber is back! Mega Man 11 rocks on Nintendo Switch on Oct. 2, with a free demo already available in Nintendo eShop. In addition, players will be able to unlock helpful in-game items for use in the full game by tapping the existing Mega Man amiibo figure, or a new Mega Man amiibo figure, which is included exclusively in the Mega Man 11 – amiibo Edition.
- Diablo III: Eternal Collection: The Nintendo Switch version of this classic action-RPG will send players on a journey through Sanctuary, where they’ll vanquish the armies of Hell and plunder powerful loot as one of the seven playable classes. Up to four players can adventure together via local or online multiplayer. The Nintendo Switch version of the game features the exclusive Legend of Ganondorf cosmetic armor set, compatibility with all amiibo figures and more. Diablo III: Eternal Collection launches Nov. 2.
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas: Do a barrel roll and defeat Wolf’s team in Star Fox missions, exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version of the game. Starlink: Battle for Atlas launches for Nintendo Switch on Oct. 16.
- Two RPGs on the Way!: Fans who love playing role-playing games anytime and anywhere are in luck! The World Ends with You: Final Remix from Square Enix launches Oct. 12 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country – which is available for pre-purchase on Nintendo eShop starting today – comes to Nintendo Switch on Sept. 21 in stores and Nintendo eShop, or on Sept. 14 for owners of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass.
- NBA 2K19: The highest-rated basketball simulation franchise returns to Nintendo Switch with NBA 2K19, now available.
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Get ready to jam in the sequel to the smash-hit NBA arcade game, coming to Nintendo Switch this fall.
- Just Dance 2019: With Just Dance 2019 on Nintendo Switch, there’s no excuse for players to not get down to Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars and Cardi B. at home, in the middle of the park or even at the dentist’s office! Just Dance 2019 launches on Oct. 23.
- EA SPORTS FIFA 19: EA SPORTS FIFA 19 is fast approaching, and players can pre-purchase now so they won’t drop the ball when it launches for Nintendo Switch on Sept. 28.
- Team Sonic Racing: Gotta go FAST! Like, really fast. Team Sonic Racing launches for Nintendo Switch this winter.
- LEGO DC Super-Villains: Why so serious? Play as The Joker, Harley, Lex Luthor and the rest of the best of the worst in the new LEGO DC Super-Villains game, launching for Nintendo Switch on Oct. 16.
As far as standalone trailers go, only Civilization VI and The World Ends with You: Final Remix got that honor. You can check out both trailers below.
- Blizzard Rep Nixes Idea of Diablo III Cross-Play Development
- NBA 2K19 MyTEAM Unlimited $250,000 Tournament Kicks Off Saturday
- EA Games Lays Out the EA Sports FIFA 19 Global Series Schedule
- Surgeon Simulator CPR Gets a New Nintendo Switch Trailer
- Those NES Controllers Will Be Exclusive to Nintendo Switch Online Subscribers
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018