Despite some recent murmurs, Microsoft has reconfirmed that Halo 5: Guardians won’t be coming to PC.
There is a big contingent of players who are quietly waiting for Halo to return to PC. The series hasn’t been on the platform since Halo 2. That’s a long time without the legendary FPS on the platform. There is a weird Forge mode offshoot on the Microsoft Store now, but it’s not exactly an ideal game mode for playing the franchise. As for Halo 5 proper, we’ve had nothing thus far. There were some recent murmurs of a port being on the way too with an Amazon listing for the game, which featured cover images that changed from ‘Xbox One Exclusive’ to ‘Xbox One Console Exclusive’.
Well, those hopes have now seemingly been dashed out. Speaking to CNET (via Destructoid), a Microsoft spokesperson said that a port ofthe game for PC wasn’t incoming. In a statement to them stringing together evidence for the port, Microsoft said outright:
As we’ve shared previously, we do not have plans to launch Halo 5: Guardians on Windows 10 PC.
That seems pretty definitive. Not a lot of wiggle room left in there.
It’s only a matter of time until we see Master Chief back on the platform, with Halo Infinite already confirmed for PC. Still, there is a long gap in the franchise’s back-catalogue on PC which is a shame. Many still wonder if a Master Chief Collection could be on the way, but as of now, we just don’t know. Perhaps this could be Microsoft just staying true to the letter of the word and a port of the game would come with a PC port of the Master Chief Collection, but that just might be too much wishful thinking.
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection Will Receive Several New Options
- 343 Developer Confirms No Cash Loot Boxes in Halo Infinite
- Fortnite’s Save the World Mode is Not Going to Free-to-Play This Year - October 22, 2018
- Nike has Endorsed its First Esports Player - October 22, 2018
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018