David Gallaher and Steve Ellis’s The Only Living Boy is getting a spinoff series in March called The Only Living Girl. The book will star characters from the original series: Zandra “Zee” Parfitt, Erik Farrell, and Morgan. ICv2 had the scoop, revealing that like The Only Living Boy, The Only Living Girl will consist of five volumes.
Aimed at kids age 7-12, The Only Living Girl solves a problem recently discovered by Gerry Conway:
I've tweeted about this before, so if you're bored by talk of the economics of comics, ignore this thread.
Proposition: comics aren't for kids anymore and haven't been for kids in decades.
Evidence: Price and access.
— Gerry Conway (@gerryconway) September 3, 2018
Here’s the Amazon description of the first volume:
Zandra ‘Zee’ Parfitt is one of the last human survivors of a cosmic disaster that merged hundreds of planets into the mysterious patchwork wasteland of Chimerika. After learning that the experiments of her late father, the diabolical Doctor Once, created this world, Zee and her companions — classmate Erik Farrell and mermaid warrior Morgan — embark on a dangerous quest filled with robots, monsters, unknown civilizations, and unlikely allies. Together they push back against the relentless Consortium, who want control of this new world at any cost. Through it all, Zee searches for the truth of her past so she can redeem her father’s legacy.
Look for it in stores in March.
- X-Men, or X-Millennials? Plus: The Triumphant Return of Chris Claremont [X-ual Healing 12-5-18] - December 9, 2018
- Honey Badger Shuts Down Male Aggression in Next Week’s X-23 #7 - December 9, 2018
- Startling Facts About Fish Pee Revealed in Next Week’s Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #39 - December 9, 2018
- Proxima Midnight’s Tips for a Happy and Healthy Sex Life in Next Week’s Black Order #2 - December 9, 2018
- Mary Plans to Reboot the Bible in Next Week’s Typhoid Fever: Iron Fist - December 9, 2018