We got an opportunity to sit in on a special Nintendo Nindies presentation during PAX West, which is where we found King of the Hat.
This game is a small four-player brawler from Hyroglyphik Games where you choose one of a dozen different characters in a world where everyone wears hats no matter what they do with their lives. You use your hats as a special power to hit your opponents and stun them so you can take advantage and kill them, but your hat then flies off and makes you vulnerable. If your hat gets stepped on at any time, either on your head or the ground, you die!
I had a lot of fun playing this game during the demo we got to play at Nintendo’s HQ, to the point where I was making up my own voice for a character named Fat Cat. “My stock is rising” I would say as I crushed my enemy’s hats into the dust and reigned supreme in my wealth over their hats. I want King of the Hat to come out a lot sooner than it is, which is currently slated for sometime in early 2019. I need this in my life, now!
- TinyBuild Announces 5 New Games at PAX West
- Oni Surprise-Released a Digital Dream Daddy Comic Today, With Print Copies at PAX West
- PAX West Will Increase Security Following Jacksonville Shooting
- Square Enix Reveal Their Lineup and Events for PAX West 2018
- Nintendo Announces PAX West 2018 Lineup and Nindies Showcase Video
- Netflix Will Still Push Forward With a Stranger Things Video Game - September 24, 2018
- PlayStation Posts New Gamplay Footage from Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - September 24, 2018
- Farming Simulator 19 Receives a New Action Trailer - September 24, 2018
- Treyarch Start Their Final Promotional Push for Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 - September 24, 2018
- 200th Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series – Finals: Daniel Ramirez-Medina vs. Manav Dawar - September 24, 2018