We got an opportunity to sit in on a special Nintendo Nindies presentation during PAX West, which is where we found King of the Hat.
This game is a small four-player brawler from Hyroglyphik Games where you choose one of a dozen different characters in a world where everyone wears hats no matter what they do with their lives. You use your hats as a special power to hit your opponents and stun them so you can take advantage and kill them, but your hat then flies off and makes you vulnerable. If your hat gets stepped on at any time, either on your head or the ground, you die!
I had a lot of fun playing this game during the demo we got to play at Nintendo’s HQ, to the point where I was making up my own voice for a character named Fat Cat. “My stock is rising” I would say as I crushed my enemy’s hats into the dust and reigned supreme in my wealth over their hats. I want King of the Hat to come out a lot sooner than it is, which is currently slated for sometime in early 2019. I need this in my life, now!
- TinyBuild Announces 5 New Games at PAX West
- Oni Surprise-Released a Digital Dream Daddy Comic Today, With Print Copies at PAX West
- PAX West Will Increase Security Following Jacksonville Shooting
- Square Enix Reveal Their Lineup and Events for PAX West 2018
- Nintendo Announces PAX West 2018 Lineup and Nindies Showcase Video
- SEGA Releases New Music Tracks From Team Sonic Racing - November 15, 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Summoners War Funko POP! Figures - November 15, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Will Soon Be Getting a Set of Wines - November 15, 2018
- Sony Says They Will Not Be Attending E3 2019 - November 15, 2018
- Creed: Rise to Glory Receives a Creed II Character Update - November 15, 2018