The latest update to Fortnite has been added to the server, and along with some interesting items, we get a few new modes. The two big items are the Rift-To-Go being thrown into Battle Royale and the Bundlebuss Assault Rifle coming to Save The World, but the big one that caught people’s eyes was the Limited Time Mode in BR where the person with the highest score in a short amount of time wins the match.
You can read the full 5.3 update here, but we have the primary stuff you should know from Fortnite’s BR mode below.
LIMITED TIME MODE: SCORE ROYALE
Earn points by collecting coins, opening loot containers and eliminating other players. The first to cross the High Score threshold wins the Victory Royale!
- More Llamas!
- 30 total Supply Llamas per match.
- Llamas have reduced building materials due to the amount in each game.
- 20 of each material type.
- All other loot is unchanged.
- Opening a Supply Llama grants 50 points.
- Early game Storm circles are larger and the Storms move in more slowly, giving players more time to spread out and search for loot.
- Late game Storms move in fast! Earn enough points for the Victory Royale before they close in.
Winning Score (Solo) 2000 Winning Score (Duos) 3000 Winning Score (Squads) 4500 Use an Apple or Mushroom 10 Open an Ammo Box 25 Open a Llama 50 Open a Supply Drop 100 Eliminate an Enemy 100 Open a Treasure Chest 50 Find a Bronze Coin 30 Find a Silver Coin 50 Find a Gold Coin 100
LIMITED TIME MODE: PLAYGROUND
Playground has been updated with a couple dozen new ATK’s available, some more ramps to jump them off of, and a handful of new Rifts scattered throughout the map. Head to the hilltops and see if you can find them all.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Rift-To-Go added.
- Rift-To-Go is a portable Rift that can be carried in inventory and deployed immediately.
- When activated, you are teleported into the sky and placed in skydiving mode.
- The Rift will remain at the location it was deployed for 10 seconds, allowing other players to use it.
- Epic rarity. Drops in stacks of 1 with a max stack size of 2.
- Can be found in chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops and Loot Llamas.
- Pump Shotgun equip time has been shortened from 0.96 seconds to 0.88 seconds.
- Double Barrel shotgun now has a spread reduction of 15% while crouched.
- Clingers will now only explode when their fuse has expired.
- Clingers will no longer explode if the object they are attached to is destroyed. They will be affected by gravity and fall until they stick to another object or their fuse expires.
- Impulse Grenade max stack size increased from 8 to 9.
- Bouncers now need line of sight of a player to activate.
- Damage Traps will now properly affect enemy players who are within their range.
- Remote Explosives now damage everything in their radius that can be destroyed.
- Epic Games Adds the Ace Starter Pack to Fortnite for Purchase
- Epic Games to Add PS4 Pro Improvements for Fortnite
- A Transparent Purple Cube Has Appeared in Fortnite
- Dataminers Find Three New Weapons in Fortnite
- Epic Games Has Returned Fortnite's Rift Portals Back to the Game
- Fortnite Will Be Getting a Heavy Sniper Rifle Soon
- Epic Games Working on Fortnite Matchmaking Based on Playing Preferences
- Paul George Has a Pair of Fortnite Sneakers with Nike for Some Reason
- Ninja Calls Out Sony Over Fortnite Debacle: "It's Just Greed"