Behaviour Interactive decided to tease their next killer coming to Dead By Daylight this morning, and this one actually scares the hell out of us.
The company released this image and the teaser trailer for a new killer on the way this season, with clear roots in Japanese culture based on the look and materials spread throughout the video. The video wastes little time in making you scared and paranoid of the shadows as you hear a woman getting sliced to death with a katana, along with blood covering the floor as you hear someone getting hacked to pieces.
Some people have already translated what the man’s voice in the video says: “There is no point, dear daughter. We are born to die. The more we wait, the more pain we carry.” Some have already speculated on social media that it could be Kuchisake-onna, better known to horror buffs as the “slit-faced woman.” If that’s true, that’s one hell of a twist to throw into the game and a horrifying image that we didn’t think we’d see in a Dead By Daylight character. Enjoy the trailer below as we patiently wait for them to reveal more details, which we assume might be at PAX West.
- Dead By Daylight's Darkness Among Us Launches in December
- Dead By Daylight's Next Killer May Actually Freak Us Out
- Last Year: The Nightmare Moves Into Closed Beta This Weekend
- Dead By Daylight Launches "The Hallowed Blight" Halloween Event
- Square Enix Reveal Their Lineup and Events for PAX West 2018
- Dead By Daylight Launches Their Scorching Summer BBQ Event
- Mafia III, Dead By Daylight and More Coming to PlayStation Plus This Month
- The Latest Dead By Daylight Patch Fixes a Ton of Issues and Complaints
- Dead By Daylight Adds a Smoking Jacket and New Content Roadmap
- Space Esports and Dead By Daylight Team Up for Inaugural Tournament