BOOM! Studios plans to usher in the not-so-happy holidays with a new Rugrats special that brings the War on Christmas to comics. Called Rugrats: C is for Chanukah, the oversized one-shot is about “a Rugrats family vacation to the mountains, complete with the annual argument between Grandpa Lou and Boris arguing over which holiday is better: Chanukah or Christmas.”
Boris is determined to prove his holiday is the best and starts giving Tommy and the babies a history lesson on the Golem which sets imaginations ablaze. Tommy, Chuckie, Phil and Lil now all feel that they have to save Chanukah from the Golem before it steals the holiday away for good!
Written by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert’s Daniel Kibblesmith and Cullen Crawford, with art by Kate Sherron and a cover by Chrystin Garland, the book is set to hit stores in November, just in time for you to pick up a copy and bring it to Thanksgiving dinner so that you can escape your racist grandpas arguing about politics and religion to read about a fictional argument about religion by fictional grandpas in a comic.
Said BOOM! Editor Matthew Levine:
The Rugrats return to comic book form with a brand new take on a Rugrats classic…the story of Chanukah. Daniel, Cullen, Kate and the whole team have created a hilarious, heartwarming story about family, belief, and the unique power of storytelling, outfitted with all the hijinks you’d expect from your favorite babies.
- Is Next Week’s Weapon X #26, Hell is a Free Market Healthcare System - November 16, 2018
- A Storm is Coming in Next Week’s Shuri #2 - November 16, 2018
- Does Quentin Quire Have 2nd Thoughts About Saving Jubilee? Next Week’s West Coast Avengers #4 - November 16, 2018
- Wait, There’s Another Crimson Gem of Cyttorak Now? Next Week’s Doctor Strange #8 - November 16, 2018
- The Role of American Xenophobia in Next Week’s Infinity Wars: Ghost Panther #1 - November 16, 2018