Tomorrow night at WWE SummerSlam in Brooklyn, five-time WWE Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss will face off against her challenger, The Baddest Woman on the Planet, Ronda Rousey, in what might be the main event. But is Bliss already looking ahead to her next challenge, against none other than legendary superstar Trish Stratus?
Well, not really, but she was asked a hypothetical question in an interview with a British tabloid, and her answer was ripe for a clickbait headline. Asked which WWE Hall-of-Famer she’d most like to fave at the upcoming all-women Evolution PPV, Bliss replied:
Trish Stratus, because I watched her when I was growing up and was one person I would love to get in the ring with. I always watched her and think it would be fun to be in the ring with her.
Bliss also pointed out that the eventual goal of WWE’s trademarked Women’s Evolution (TM) initiative, in which the company celebrates how it treats women as equals now after decades of treating them like sex objects or worse, is to headline WrestleMania.
The ultimate goal is to main event WrestleMania. That is the big one and is on all of the women’s bucket lists. It really is and would be the epitome of what this evolution is. I am also just happy to help continuing to elevate the women’s evolution.
Tune in tomorrow night for something like 67 straight hours of wrestling on the WWE Network!
- Marvel Rising Relaunches as a New Mini-Series in March from Nilah Magruder and Roberto Di Salvo - December 13, 2018
- Valiant Brings Hero vs. Hero Action to Your Phone in New Collectible Card Game - December 13, 2018
- Talking John Henry vs. Robots in Is’nana the Were-Spider with Greg Anderson Elysée - December 13, 2018
- In Goodbye Post for X-Men Red, Tom Taylor Says He Could Have Written Series for Years - December 12, 2018
- Marvel Unlimited Comes Into the Spider-Verse With Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham - December 12, 2018