The history of the Star Wars universe continues to expand and evolve, with Disney Channel releasing our first look at eagerly anticipated animated series Star Wars Resistance.
Created by Lucasfilm Animation veteran Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), the series’s voice cast includes Donald Faison, Jim Rash, Bobby Moynihan, Gwendoline Christie, Myrna Velasco, and Rachel Butera. With Athena Portillo, Justin Ridge, and Brandon Auman executive producing, Star Wars Resistance is set to throw it into hyperdrive on Sunday, October 7, at 10 p.m. ET.
“You’ll here [my voice] come out of a creature. It’s really cool. Bobby Moynihan and I are basically two guys who basically run the equipment. You know, sort of check-out area. Sort of like an Oscar/Felix [from The Odd Couple]. It’s literally a character named Flex.”
– Jim Rash
Rolling out worldwide following a state-side premiere, here’s a look of what fans can expect when Star Wars Resistance fights the good fight on Disney Channel this October:
“Can you imagine what it’s like to be an ace pilot?”
Set before the events in The Force Awakens, Star Wars: Resistance follows Kazuda “Kaz” Xiono (Christopher Sean), a young pilot recruited by the Resistance for a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. In the hourlong first episode, Poe (Oscar Isaac) and his droid BB-8 assign newly appointed spy Kaz to the Colossus, a massive aircraft re-fueling platform on an outer-rim water planet that’s home to colorful new aliens, droids and creatures.
While undercover, Kaz works as a mechanic and lives with Poe’s old friend Yeager (Scott Lawrence), a veteran pilot who operates a starship repair shop run by his crew: Tam (Suzie McGrath), Neeku (Josh Brener) and their old battered astromech droid, Bucket. Kaz soon finds himself in over his head with his newfound friend BB-8 as he’ll have to compete in dangerous sky races, keep his mission a secret from his newfound family and avoid the danger of the First Order.
- Richard E. Grant is Not Playing Grand Admiral Thrawn in Star Wars: Episode IX
- Sounds Like Dave Filoni Won't Be as Involved in 'Star Wars Resistance'
- Dave Filoni Is Reluctant to Let Other People Work with His Star Wars Characters
- Full Details of All 254 Friday Panels at San Diego Comic-Con 2018
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy Book by Amy Ratcliffe Coming This Fall
- Details from Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Panel at Disney's Galactic Nights
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse Season 8, Episode 10 ‘Apocalypse Then’ (End of Days 810! Live-Blog) - November 14, 2018
- Gotham Season 5: As The City Falls, The “Legend of The Dark Knight” Rises (TRAILER) - November 14, 2018
- CW Sets Theodora Goss’ The Strange Case Of the Alchemist Daughter for Series - November 14, 2018
- NBC Holidays 2018 Line-Up: ‘Timeless’ Series Finale, The Grinch, SNL and More! - November 14, 2018
- CBS Sets Young Sheldon/The Big Bang Theory Crossover for December - November 14, 2018