Image Comics has announced a new series by Edward Laroche which the press release promises “injects poignancy into high-concept military sci-fi.” So basically the ’80s GI Joe cartoon then? Basically. Here’s the concept:
An enormous machine is slowly materializing in a major metropolitan city on the West Coast. No one knows who sent it, or why—except, perhaps, for the malevolent beings gliding silently through the inky vastness of space toward Earth.
In response, a joint multinational combat brigade called Gladiator Two-Six is deployed. Outfitted with next-generation military science and weapons, they’re tasked with stopping any extraterrestrial threat that emerges.
Laroche talks about the project and his love for opera music in the press release:
I’m psyched to be a part of the most interesting and influential creative space for American independent comics. I just want to add a chorus, or maybe an opera, to the art form that has meant everything to me. THE WARNING is the first act of that opera.
Look for The Warning #1 in stores on November 28th and check out the preview below:
- New GWAR OGN The Enormogantic Fail Revisits the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7 - October 17, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018