Image has announced yet another series launching in November, this time from John Layman and Afu Chan, exploring the genre of sci-fi/horror in a new book called Outer Darkness, published by Skybound.
In the press release, Layman said:
Thanks to Afu Chan and Skybound, we’ve succeeded in making OUTER DARKNESS as perfect and beautiful as I’d envisioned it to be since finishing Chew. I’m so unbelievably excited that OUTER DARKNESS is being announced to the world. I’m absolutely in love with this book.
And Chan added:
It was scary, in good way, working with John Layman and Skybound, especially on a comic filled with monsters and in space where nobody can hear you. I am always on the edge of my seat while drawing these pages, and I can’t wait for people to experience the ride when reading OUTER DARKNESS. It is the best work I’ve done yet.
Here’s what the book is about:
In OUTER DARKNESS, humankind has successfully colonized the galaxy. But during our interstellar travels, we discovered a terrifying secret out in the vast reaches of space…
Enter Captain Joshua Rigg and the crew of the starship Charon, who will encounter demonic possessions, hauntings, and cosmic horror as they embark on a desperate rescue mission into the Outer Darkness of space—where everything wants to kill them.
But if that’s too much reading for you, you can just watch the trailer, which mentions Pat Brosseau as letterer, unlike the press release:
Outer Darkness #1 hits stores on November 7th.
- Tell Us What You Loved About the X-Men Comics This Year [X-ual Healing 12-12-18] - December 16, 2018
- Of Course Reed Richards is to Blame… Next Week’s Marvel Knights 20th #4 - December 15, 2018
- Somebody Needs a Snickers in Next Week’s Iceman #4 - December 15, 2018
- Kate Bishop Refuses to Die in Canada in Next Week’s Old Man Hawkeye Finale - December 15, 2018
- Archangel’s Loyalty Tested in Next Week’s Uncanny X-Men #6 - December 15, 2018