Yet another reason why I give American Horror Story Apocalypse co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk a ton of credit: they might average 27.6 teasers per day, but at least they’re not including any real footage — because we would’ve seen the entire season at this point.
Another day, another round of brain-scratching teasers for the FX horror anthology series’ upcoming Murder House/Coven crossover eighth season (still sticking with our Twisty the Clown theory), taking to Twitter and Instagram to give us images of war-torn, abandoned goggles and a reader who ignores irradiated horrors waiting outside her door — and trying desperately to get in:
Fans of American Horror Story were treated to some great news at this year’s TCA summer press event: the horror anthology series had been renewed for a 10th season (FX Networks CEO John Landgraf: “He (Murphy) asked for a 10th season of American Horror Story which we were happy to give to him”); Jessica Lange would be reprising her Murder House role as Constance Langdon, appearing in the sixth episode – also marking Sarah Paulson’s directorial debut on the show (Paulson: “I have the great pleasure of saying, yes, she (Lange) will be back”).
Paulson, Lange, Evan Peters, Kathy Bates, Jessica Lange, Emma Roberts, Cheyenne Jackson, Billie Lourd, Billy Eichner, Adina Porter, Leslie Grossman, Taissa Farmiga, Gabourey Sidibe, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy, and Stevie Nicks are set to return to Murphy’s horrific universe. Joan Collins (Dynasty) is joining the cast as Peters’s grandmother; Cody Fern (House of Cards) is joining as adult Michael Langdon; and Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman (UnReal) and Kyle Allen (The Path) are set for guest appearances.
Now it’s time to get your scorecards to see how everyone matches up, AHS fans: Rabe appeared in the Murder House, Coven, Hotel, and Roanoke seasons, while Sidibe appeared in Coven, Freak Show, and Hotel. Farmiga appeared in Murder House, Coven, and Roanoke; AHS mainstay Conroy has appeared in six seasons: Murder House, Asylum, Coven, Freak Show, Roanoke, and Cult. Nicks appeared as the White Witch during Coven.
Meanwhile… Paulson’s Billie Dean Howard appeared in Murder House, and her Cordelia Foxx appeared in Coven. Peters played ghostly teen Tate Langdon in Murder House and fraternity president Kyle Spencer in Coven. Lange’s Constance Langdon appeared in Murder House, while Bates and Roberts joined the franchise during Coven as Madame Delphine LaLaurie and Madison Montgomery, respectively.
American Horror Story: Apocalypse premieres Wednesday, September 12th at 10 p.m. ET/9 p.m. CT on FX.
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 1: Sabrina Really Needs to Reschedule; Cast, Crew Talk Series (PREVIEW) - October 18, 2018
- Dorian: CW Adapting Oscar Wilde’s The Picture Of Dorian Gray as Female-Led Comedy Series - October 18, 2018
- The Hypnotist’s Love Story: ABC Adapting ‘Big Little Lies’ Author’s Novel; Heather Graham Stars, EP - October 18, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 2, Episode 2 – ‘The Book of Consequences: Chapter Two – Black Jesus Blues’: Facing Some Dark Truths (RECAP) - October 18, 2018
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse Season 8, Episode 6 ‘Return to Murder House’ Brings Hope, Closure to End Times (REVIEW) - October 18, 2018