Things are going to get pretty interesting on The Gifted now that the Mutant Underground has fractured. The end of the first season saw Lorna, aka Polaris, bring down a plane and leave the group along with Andy Strucker. Caitlin Strucker, who spent the entire first season getting a wake-up call about how bad things are for mutants and desperately trying to keep her family together, is not going to take this well. Amy Acker told TV Line that she got a bit of a surprise when she read it.
“We got the script for the first episode [of Season 2], and it said ‘Six months later, Caitlin’s face is hardened by grief, her body is hardened by six months of intense training’ — and I was like, ‘Uhhhh… someone could have mentioned that to me!”
This was five days before shooting began, and Acker immediately hit the gym to pump some iron. When asked if Caitlin had taken up a weapon yet, Acker said no, but she had hopes.
“That has yet to come to fruition,” Acker clarified. “But I paid for sword-fighting lessons, so I feel like we’ve got to do something, right?”
We’d like to request Amy Acker swinging a sword at people like a badass immediately. After all, there is nothing more dangerous than a mom willing to do anything to protect her kids.
Summary: In a world where mutated humans are treated with distrust and fear, an institute for mutants battles to achieve peaceful co-existence with humanity.
The Gifted, created by Matt Nix, stars Stephen Moyer, Amy Acker, Natalie Alyn Lind, Percey Hynes White, Sean Teale, Emma Dumont, Jamie Chung, and Blair Redford. It will return on September 25th.
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Episode 5: Promo, Summary, and a Giant Octopus - November 13, 2018
- Detective Pikachu Gets a Noir Inspired Poster - November 12, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: Nick Zano Explains Why He Isn’t in Tonight’s Episode - November 12, 2018
- New Banner for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Teases the Various Spider-People - November 12, 2018
- Kevin Feige Says Most People Are Unfamiliar with the Eternals and That’s a Good Thing - November 12, 2018