Wrestling legend Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart has passed away at the age of 63, WWE reported on their website. A two-time WWF Tag Team Champion as a member of The Hart Foundation with Bret “The Hitman” Hart, Neidhart started his career in 1979 and wrestled for WWF/WWE, WCW, New Japan Pro Wrestling, and Stampede Wrestling, amongst others. Neidhart was the father of WWE Superstar Natalya, and appeared as a recurring cast member on the E! reality show Total Divas as part of Natalya’s family.
No cause of death has been reported, though IGN notes that former WWE Superstar and concussion activist Christopher Nowinski said in a now-deleted tweet that Neidhart suffered from Alzheimer’s Disease.
On Twitter, Neidhart’s former partner, Bret Hart, wrote, “Stunned and saddened. I just don’t have the words right now.”
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018