Wrestling legend Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart has passed away at the age of 63, WWE reported on their website. A two-time WWF Tag Team Champion as a member of The Hart Foundation with Bret “The Hitman” Hart, Neidhart started his career in 1979 and wrestled for WWF/WWE, WCW, New Japan Pro Wrestling, and Stampede Wrestling, amongst others. Neidhart was the father of WWE Superstar Natalya, and appeared as a recurring cast member on the E! reality show Total Divas as part of Natalya’s family.
No cause of death has been reported, though IGN notes that former WWE Superstar and concussion activist Christopher Nowinski said in a now-deleted tweet that Neidhart suffered from Alzheimer’s Disease.
On Twitter, Neidhart’s former partner, Bret Hart, wrote, “Stunned and saddened. I just don’t have the words right now.”
- J. Jonah Jameson, This is Your Life! Next Week’s Amazing Spider-Man #12 - December 16, 2018
- Clone Drone Problems in Next Week’s Life of Captain Marvel #3 - December 16, 2018
- Where’s the Other Side of the Climate Change Debate in Next Week’s Defenders: The Best Defense? - December 16, 2018
- Experience Baba Von Doom’s Thrice-Baked Potatoes in Next Week’s Runaways #16 - December 16, 2018
- Morgan Le Fay Shows a Clear Lack of Gratitude in Weapon H #11 - December 16, 2018