Have you ever wanted to have matchmaking done in Fortnite based on whether or not you are on console or PC? Yes, there are some people who think about those things. Apparently, that’s something Epic Games has in the works.
During a Reddit thread on the Fortnite subreddit, someone was arguing about KBM offering an unfair advantage against console players. One of the side-effects of crossplay is that PC users do have a bit of an advantage over the console players, and people aren’t too thrilled by it when they’re looking for an unbalanced kill. At the top of that discussion, an Epic moderator addressed the situation.
We’re actually working on some matchmaking tech, on the way, that’ll pair you against folks based on your choice of peripherals. More info on this coming next week, but tl;dr if you’re on KB+M you’ll be against KB+M.
That’s some interesting news, as it appears they’ll give people the option of being able to essentially undo crossplay if they wish and stick with just console or PC players on a whim. It might slow down their matchmaking options if the server is forced to be selective for a specific player, but it would give some people their wish for a balanced match.
- PlayStation Will Finally Do Crossplay and Will Start With Fortnite
- A Transparent Purple Cube Has Appeared in Fortnite
- Fortnite Adds Rift-To-Go and Limited Score Mode in Latest Update
- Epic Games Has Returned Fortnite's Rift Portals Back to the Game
- Fortnite Will Be Getting a Heavy Sniper Rifle Soon
- Ninja Calls Out Sony Over Fortnite Debacle: "It's Just Greed"
- Epic Games Launches the Fortnite Android Beta
- Fortnite's 5.2 Patch Notes Are Up, Along with a New Shotgun
- Another Fortnite Datamine Leak Reveals a Ton of Unreleased Content
- Watch This Pro Fortnite Player Share a Big Money Victory with His Dad
- Com2us and Skybound Partner to Make Summoners War Comics and Animations - October 19, 2018
- Day Of The Devs 2018 Will Return to San Francisco in November - October 19, 2018
- NIS America Introduces Five New Characters to The Caligula Effect: Overdose - October 19, 2018
- Konami Will Add Data Pack 2.0 to PES 2019 Next Week - October 18, 2018
- Check Out the Animals Trailer for Farming Simulator 19 - October 18, 2018