Photos courtesy of Bleeding Cool’s Alex Arevalos:
The San Diego Comic-Con Masquerade is one of the, if not the, longest running Cosplay and Costume contests. It’s a showcase of craftsmanship, showmanship and raw talent, featuring entries from not only America, but all over the world. This year’s masquerade was amazing, with dance numbers and other great skits. At more than one point there was groups with over 20 members performing stage.
There were only a couple of hiccups. Cosplayer Jakurina, in her Imp Mercy, tripped both entering and exiting the stage. At the time of writing a staffer confirmed EMTs had appeared and made sure she was alright to continue. Luckily it seemed to only be a sprain and the show went on.
The winning costumes and cosplayers were simply amazing this year.
- Howl’s moving castle won ‘Creative Use of Materials.’
- Big Daddy Delta and Big Sister took home ‘Judges choice.’
- Bakugo from My Hero Academia was the winner of ‘Best Young Fan.’
- Other award recipients included “Crouching Prince, Hidden Dragon”, “Claire Frasier Outlander wedding”. Sylvanos Wind Runner and “Princess Vanellope Von Sweets and Ralph ”
Here’s a gallery of all of the amazing costumes and props the cosplayers put on display last night!
- Check Out This 'Incredibles 2' Cosplay Group from SDCC!
- BBC Releases Entire SDCC 'Doctor Who' Panel Video From Hall H
- Iceman #1 Review: A Very Welcome Return - September 12, 2018
- House of Whispers #1 Review: Sandman Universe Struggling to Create Engagement - September 12, 2018
- Infinity Wars #3 Review: What if Captain America but Also Doctor Strange? - September 12, 2018
- Weapon X #23 Review: Deadpool is a Comic-Killer - September 11, 2018
- Nightwing #48 Review: The Motor Cycle Race of the Cosmos - September 11, 2018