Top Shelf announced a sequel to Kim Dwinell‘s 2017 middle-grade comic Surfside Girls at San Diego Comic-Con today. Surfside Girls Book Two will be titled The Mystery at the Old Rancho, and it’s set to hit stores in June of 2019.
A press release contains more details:
Surfside Girls (Book One): The Secret of Danger Point introduced readers to best friends Sam and Jade, who put together clues ranging from suspicious beachcombers to spooky ghosts to baby dinosaurs in order to save their town from an unexpected threat. Surfside Girls (Book Two): The Mystery at the Old Rancho, scheduled for June 2019, presents even more beautiful beaches, hidden secrets, distracting cuties, and wild adventures:
When one of the ghosts from Danger Point gets… spooked, it’s time for Sam and Jade to pull out the Journal of Weird and jump into action! Trying to solve this two-hundred-year-old mystery takes the girls all over their town and beyond, all while Surfside’s Annual Surf Competition is going on. Add to the mix a cute surfer boy, a mysterious mustached man with a guitar, and a very jealous Sam — can the surfing sleuths save the day again?
And Dwinnell said:
I’ve had so much fun this last year watching readers of all ages discover Sam and Jade’s world. I packed Surfside Girls with Southern California sunshine, and I hope everyone enjoys spending time with it as much as I do. I’m absolutely stoked to show you what the girls get up to in Book Two!
Dwinnell will also be signing at Comic-Con at the Top Shelf booth from 4 p.m.-5 p.m. Friday, so hurry over if you want an autograph.
- Valiant Leaks Classified White Board with Clues for Next 12 Months of Plans - December 14, 2018
- The Fate of Cyclops Revealed in Next Week’s Extermination Finale - December 14, 2018
- The Ice King Apology Tour Commences in 1st Look at Adventure Time: Marcy & Simon #1 - December 13, 2018
- Marvel Reveals Phil Noto Interlocking Variants for 80th Anniversary - December 13, 2018
- Lela Gwenn and Matthew Dow Smith Launch Bad Luck Chuck at Dark Horse in March - December 13, 2018