IDW announced a new mini-series for “early 2019” at the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles panel at San Diego Comic-Con today. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder in Hell, a five-issue mini written and drawn by Mateus Santolouco, sees the titular Shredder visit the titular bad place. The series is billed as a sequel to the Secret History of the Foot Clan storyline.
From the press release:
Shredder in Hell, the latest chapter in IDW’s groundbreaking TMNT saga, sinks into the nightmarish pits of the afterlife, where the infamous leader of the Foot Clan struggles to survive. In the process, Shredder discovers his true purpose… as well as the origins of the great beings responsible for both destruction and creation in his world.
I’m very humble and thankful to help expand the rich universe of TMNT, adding new layers to the Turtles’ main villain. We’re not only revealing Shredder’s role in a conspiracy of divine proportions, but we’ll have a better understanding of his fears and ambitions. Oroku Saki is more human than ever… and this will only make him an even stronger force for the TMNT to face.
And Group Editor Bobby Curnow adds:
Shredder in Hell is in many ways a spiritual sequel to the beloved Secret History of the Foot Clan. There’s one crucial difference: whereas before Mateus was just coming into his own as a creator, he is now, five years later, working at a master class level. The art he is producing is unreal, and the story is surprisingly deep and reaches to the core of IDW’s TMNT universe.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018