Another one for the Rumour checklist. As we reported back in April, today’s DC Comics Publishers Panel at San Diego Comic-Con saw the announcement that Kelly Sue DeConnick will take over Aquaman. She will be joined by artist Robson Rocha.
Marcos Salinas at the panel reports for Bleeding Cool that DeConnick told the crowd that she wrote the story as Aquaman searching for his mother, a very mythological take among the sea gods, and a retooling of Aquaman’s origin in the process as he is washed up on shore with amnesia. She talked about working with previous writers Dan Abnett and Geoff Johns at the recent DC Writers Summit.
- No Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Past #25? - August 21, 2018
- Roy Thomas’s Origin of Red Sonja to Be Published by Dynamite in November - August 21, 2018
- Bettie Page Comes to London in November from Dynamite - August 21, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Prepares for Into the Spider-Verse Movie - August 21, 2018
- Marvel’s New Han Solo Stories About His Time in the Empire - August 21, 2018