Thanks to Bleeding Cool’s Jeremy Konrad for these images from the San Diego Comic-Con Press Preview, with Comic-Con International promoting their other show WonderCon in Anaheim. And definitely trying to paint it in the manner of San Diego.
And they come with statistics…
A reach of 2.9 billion? Half the planet? Not including social media? I do want a breakdown of that — and conversely, I’m sure people from more than eight countries turned up.
And who are the people who turn up? Well, they are going for young (ish), evenly gender-split comic-reading, game-playing, movie-watching cord-cutters. I used to be one of them as well; maybe I should go to WonderCon.
They could probably up the exhibitor mentions though…
And yeah, I recognise a few of these folks, even at my advanced age.
WonderCon 2019 will be held on March 29th–31st at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. Just a stone’s throw away…
- No Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Past #25? - August 21, 2018
- Roy Thomas’s Origin of Red Sonja to Be Published by Dynamite in November - August 21, 2018
- Bettie Page Comes to London in November from Dynamite - August 21, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Prepares for Into the Spider-Verse Movie - August 21, 2018
- Marvel’s New Han Solo Stories About His Time in the Empire - August 21, 2018