Thanks to Bleeding Cool’s Jeremy Konrad for these images from the San Diego Comic-Con Press Preview, with Comic-Con International promoting their other show WonderCon in Anaheim. And definitely trying to paint it in the manner of San Diego.
And they come with statistics…
A reach of 2.9 billion? Half the planet? Not including social media? I do want a breakdown of that — and conversely, I’m sure people from more than eight countries turned up.
And who are the people who turn up? Well, they are going for young (ish), evenly gender-split comic-reading, game-playing, movie-watching cord-cutters. I used to be one of them as well; maybe I should go to WonderCon.
They could probably up the exhibitor mentions though…
And yeah, I recognise a few of these folks, even at my advanced age.
WonderCon 2019 will be held on March 29th–31st at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. Just a stone’s throw away…
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018
- Michael Davis, Keynote Speaker at Afro ComicCon on the War for Static Shock - October 19, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 19th October 2018 – The Crossover-Then-New-Writer Paradigm - October 19, 2018
- Spider-Man, Who?? The Psychology of Marvel Comics Vs. the Movies - October 19, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Lenticular, Foil and Black Bags - October 19, 2018