The day has finally come. We now know what the hell is going on with Fortnite Season 5, and it’s actually much tamer than we expected.
Epic Games released these two trailers below hyping the season and the Battle Pass, along with a complete set of 5.0 Patch Notes for you to read up on. But the short version to all the changes is that this season has objects and people from the real world, including across time, being dropped into the game.
So, basically, you’re playing an episode of Doctor Who with all the game’s bonuses and features. Which, incidentally, we’re not counting down the days until we see a Drake skin pop up in the game along with his own Hotline Bling emote. YOU KNOW IT’S GOING TO HAPPEN! We’ve posted some of the more important notes from the patch below for you to read up on. In the meantime, have fun fighting as a Viking in Fortnite!
- When the “Invited to Party” prompt appears in the UI you can now immediately accept the invite rather than having to open the Party Finder.
- The News widget has been adjusted to avoid the need for a scrollbar in most cases.
- A scroll option has been added for controller users in the event that scrolling is needed.
- Updated consoles to use less shader storage. This improves patch sizes and reduces load times.
- Optimized file ordering to reduce load times on all platforms.
- The “Epic Friends” button now appears on the Main Menu when using a gamepad on Windows or Mac.
- Fixed an issue that intermittently caused the Push-To-Talk setting to not function as intended.
- Blocked players will no longer show as suggested friends.
- Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Shotguns will now indicate how many pellets hit, visible within the reticle.
- Adjusted shotgun spread patterns to be consistent with no random variation.
- Heavy Shotgun now fires 10 pellets rather than 5.
- Maximum damage for the Heavy Shotgun remains unchanged.
- After firing a shotgun, another shotgun cannot be fired for a very short time.
- Reduced Hunting Rifle aim assist when targeting to match that of other Sniper Rifles with projectile bullets.
- Lowered the vehicle knockback strength on Grenade, Sticky Grenade, Grenade Launcher, and Rocket Launcher.
- Tac and Silenced SMG environmental damage now correctly matches player damage.
- Changed the damage drop-off profile for the Suppressed SMG to be the same as other SMGs.
- Fall off starts at 24 meters from 28 meters.
- Damage reduced to 80% at 35 meters from 85% at 47.5 meters.
- Damage reduced to 65% at 50+ meters from 75% at 70+ meters.
- New Stats on Twitch Show Fortnite Dominates Most Streams
- Fortnite Receives an Update with a Few New Bits of Gear
- Dataminers Show Off All The Season Five Gear in Fortnite
- You Can Now Do Gyro Aiming in Fortnite on the Nintendo Switch
- Fortnite Keeps Dropping Hints at Season Five Without Saying a Thing
- Now We're Seeing Fortnite Llamas Make Appearances in Europe
- Fortnite's Mysterious Rifts are Now Spawning Item Drops
- Epic Games Confirms Fortnite's Season 5 Start Date
- Epic Games Is Putting Fortnite Landmarks in the Real World
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for September 25-30, 2018 - September 25, 2018
- 2K Games Launches 2K Foundations With Community Projects - September 25, 2018
- Netflix Will Still Push Forward With a Stranger Things Video Game - September 24, 2018
- PlayStation Posts New Gamplay Footage from Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - September 24, 2018
- Farming Simulator 19 Receives a New Action Trailer - September 24, 2018